The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nice looking Android radio. It has a vertical screen and fills out the dash nicely. I'm going to get a different bezel to trim around it, rather than hacking up my original, just in case I need to swap back some day. My dash kit didn't come in time, so I had to modify the included brackets for a secure temporary fit.

It has all the things I really wanted: hands-free, navigation, steering wheel controls, external mic input, subwoofer output, remote USB connections, and a larger than stock screen. It also has options for video in and out should I decide to add extra screens later on or record video directly on the radio.

Here's a size comparison with the stock RBZ.

Here's a shot from the drivers seat. Still wrapped because this was during the test fit.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and Saabman

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone interested can find the radio here. You will need CAN and SWC adapters as well as cable adapters for the FM radio and reverse camera.

I used PAC adapters: LCCH21, SWI-RC-1, SWI-ADAPT for the CAN and SWC interface. (Use the settings for C2R-CHY4 with a Pioneer radio to set up the SWI-RC-1.)

For the backup camera adapter I used Scosche CRTCR01.

For the FM adapter I used Metra 40-EU10.

The dash kit I will use when I put the trimmed bezel on is Metra 95-6511.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
How's it working out?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. One slight issue that I haven't been able to work out in the settings: Mute doesn't mute the subwoofer channel. May end up hooking it back to my line out converter when I do the bezel, if I can't find a setting to fix that.

Daytime brightness required some tweaking in the "Factory Settings" menu. Mute in reverse was enabled by default, which was also fixed in those settings.

An odd thing it does that isn't really an issue is that when you first turn it on, it displays the rearview camera for a second before going to the last used app. Fine by me that it does that. Gives me a quick peek behind me before I even have a chance to reverse. Just never had a radio do that before.

Call quality is great both ways. GPS works fine, even with my antenna mounted inside the dash instead of the traditional on top of the dash mounting. Sound quality doesn't seem any different from stock, plus it has a 7 band EQ.

I'm happy with it so far. Everything I didn't like aside from the sub mute issue I was able to tweak out with the settings. I haven't messed with adding any apps to it and seeing how they run, but I don't think I'd use much more than what comes on it anyway.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and Michalb

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As with all my stock parts (except my 16" wheels and brakes, which got traded for their upgrades), it's going in a box just in case I ever plan on using it again. If this one ever goes out on me, I'll at least have my limited stock features ready to drop back in.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and Michalb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts