The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my the wiring harness on my 2003 T&C now it wont start, wont crank and there is no power. HELP

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Okay, well, you likely are missing an important plug somewhere. Make sure all the wiring to the fuse box is connected as it should be and the connectors are secure in their correct slots, and no fuses are blown. Make sure the battery positive and negative leads are attached to their correct places, no corrosion should he around the terminals, and they should be secured well.

Next comes the main computers of the van, the BCM, and ECM both need to be well connected, otherwise you won't be able to start the van at all.

If you do the above steps, you should at least get power to lock/unlock the van, or some lights or just some power. Then you can plug in a scan tool and see what else you missed.

Typically you are missing something obvious that isn't obvious until you find what you missed, then you laugh at yourself, happens to the best of us! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Will give everything a try. This is my first time at trying my own auto repairs. Thanks so much!
Wow, you are awfully adventurous... so how is it that you decided to R&R your wiring harness?
I do hope you realize that this is not a common 'repair' procedure...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it started
Wow, you are awfully adventurous... so how is it that you decided to R&R your wiring harness?
I do hope you realize that this is not a common 'repair' procedure...
Well I there were many videos on YouTube lol. I didn't rewire it (I'm not that adventurous lol), I order a new one on Amazon. It was pretty straightforward how it is made how to put it on.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Got it started
Well I there were many videos on YouTube lol. I didn't rewire it (I'm not that adventurous lol), I order a new one on Amazon. It was pretty straightforward how it is made how to put it on.
Well, I'm not sure I'd trust amazon with a entire vehicle wiring harness, that might be the reason it's not starting, they could has misplaced a few wires and put them into the incorrect pins and then, well, nothing works.

What is the reason you're replacing the harness in the first place anyway? And the entire harness? The cabin harness should be okay, the engine harness is the one that gets rusted/corroded and broken because it's being exposed to the elements.

Have you had any luck for any power at all? If not I suggest return the harness to amazon and go to a local dodge/chrysler dealer and ask them to order you your entire harness. Because they can guarantee that the harness will fit your vehicle, with all the options and such, amazon cannot. It's up to you, I wouldn't trust amazon for such an important thing.

A better idea would be, return the harness you got from amazon, and find the same year van as yours is, with all the options your van has at the salvage yard. Then remove and take the entire harness out and put it into your van.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get it started, but the harness didn't clear the problem. Okay grab a snickers lol. I had taken my van to the shop because my dash lights were out and my horn stopped working and they replaced the PCM which costs me 1100+. A month later I was getting codes P306 and P206 and took it back in. They really wouldn't say what it was only that a major tune up "may" solve my problem and quoted me 1400. So me not trusting them and letting the van sit for a few months, I started looking up the codes online and decided to give try my had at auto repair lol. I've replaced all 6 fuel injectors, the ignition coil, 4 spark plug wires (couldn't get the spark plugs out or the other two wires). The 306 code cleared, but the 206 code remained. Then I saw videos on the wiring harness and when I checked, it was melted together and a lit of the wires were exposed so that's why I changed the harness. I got the Dorman OE Solutions Fuel Injectior Harness. When I finally got it started, and although seemed to run better, the 206 code is still there and white smoke out the tailpipe. I hope it's not the head gasket. Sorry for the novel.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I did get it started, but the harness didn't clear the problem. Okay grab a snickers lol. I had taken my van to the shop because my dash lights were out and my horn stopped working and they replaced the PCM which costs me 1100+. A month later I was getting codes P306 and P206 and took it back in. They really wouldn't say what it was only that a major tune up "may" solve my problem and quoted me 1400. So me not trusting them and letting the van sit for a few months, I started looking up the codes online and decided to give try my had at auto repair lol. I've replaced all 6 fuel injectors, the ignition coil, 4 spark plug wires (couldn't get the spark plugs out or the other two wires). The 306 code cleared, but the 206 code remained. Then I saw videos on the wiring harness and when I checked, it was melted together and a lit of the wires were exposed so that's why I changed the harness. I got the Dorman OE Solutions Fuel Injectior Harness. When I finally got it started, and although seemed to run better, the 206 code is still there and white smoke out the tailpipe. I hope it's not the head gasket. Sorry for the novel.
OK, so it was not the entire engine electrical harness, rather just the injector wire harness..

Perhaps a moderator could merge these two threads together, I think i just answered the other thread and when i came here I learned more information. Seems like chasing the same rabbit down two holes.

[Bugs bunny standing next to Ehlmer, intently looking over his shoulder... "Whats ya doing doc?"]

·
3rd gen > all others
2,705 Posts
The shop replaced the PCM without checking the injector harness first? Amateurs. I don't know what a 206 code is and I'm too lazy to look it up, but if it's to do with the ECM (PCM started in 2004) then running it with the bad injector harness may have ruined your "new" ECM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts