The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Crand voyager 3.3 Awd ltd (yes 3.3awd in europe)
212431km
Engine ok, trans ok, PTU change in next week and rear carrier bearing at same time, litle rust

T/c 3.8
300000miles
Engine and trans ok. Rocker panels rusted totally
Not in use anymore, but still have it for parts and for sell parts

Both cars used in north europe, long cold winters, without any bigger issues even when -40'c

·
Registered
94 Posts
My sig is now at 156xxx mi/250Mm. Paint looks horrible from TX sun & 3-digit temps, lots of dry-rotted rubber and plastic. Mech-wise, engine is good, but I have been "feathering-through" TCC shudder @ ~ 48 mph since ~ 110xxx mi. I am so attached to this van I will probably pay someone to R&R the TCC if it costs under $1,000, even though it might not be the most cost-eff use of the money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2001 Chrysler voyager 586000 km (362k miles) blew the engine after a water hose started leaking. this was not on regular petrol but on LPG!! could very well be one of the highest mileages on lpg.
2008 town country 3.8 170k miles still running perfectly on lpg
1993 Chrysler voyager 450000 km (281k miles) used long time then became spare vehicle and slowly and sadly rusted away. Did drive it to the car dump though! that after 10 years of sitting still!!

Guessing my 01 tc 2.4se hs yhe most here. A man at a garage here said the car should go into some museum for such mileage on lpg

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,086 Posts
2001 Chrysler voyager 586000 km (362k miles) blew the engine after a water hose started leaking. this was not on regular petrol but on LPG!! could very well be one of the highest mileages on lpg.
2008 town country 3.8 170k miles still running perfectly on lpg
1993 Chrysler voyager 450000 km (281k miles) used long time then became spare vehicle and slowly and sadly rusted away. Did drive it to the car dump though! that after 10 years of sitting still!!
The question here is, for how long this vehicle has been on LPG?

I've seen many high mileage vehicles on LPG, maybe your mechanic haven't seen them because he doesn't work with LPG fleets. Many local government departments went LPG few years ago, those vehicles still around, most high mileage vehicles now. Still, yours is a high mileage vehicle for most. (not by my stds). :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The question here is, for how long this vehicle has been on LPG?
the 2001 2.4 with 580k km has driven on lpg for 530k km, without revision.

·
Registered
218 Posts
2002 Caravan

My 2002 Grand Caravan has 504,000km - 315,000 miles. I have owned it since new, and still love driving it, but its not long for this world. Mostly stop and go city driving, in the southern Ontario rust belt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chrysler Town & Country
Limited FWD
3.8L V6

290000mi
Still running on orginal engine and transmission.
Mostly driven from Atlanta to Chattanooga area. It sees a lot of intestate and county/dirt road driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2005 town and country limited. 198,000 mi. Had some shuddering a while ago. Added Shudder Eliminator and had no problems for next couple of months. Shudder came back and had transmission fluid changed. All better except one time when a friend was driving it. Tried to reproduce it since and it still runs great. Keeping a tube of Shudder Eliminator handy just in case. Drove it about 400 miles last week and then let the friend drive it to the supermarket and that's when it happened but again, haven't been able to get it to do it again. Friend is from Berlin with no mechanical aptitude so that may explain it:).

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 3.3L T&C @ 223k

Has been a combination of long distance and city driving. Original engine and transmission, as far as I can know when I bought it at 150k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Never changed transmission oil. 324,283 Miles.
At 175,000 miles started slipping. Added 1/2 bottle of transmission Lucas.
Still running strong. Rust around bottom area around gas cap side only.
Im thinking its because the over filling of gas .

·
Registered
890 Posts
everyone in here with high mileage and little to no major service gives me a lot of hope that my engine and transmission will last much longer than i think they will

·
Registered
913 Posts

Chrysler

T&C Touring

3.8L V6

141,600 miles

Body is starting to rust up a lot, but the powertrain is performing quite well.

Nate
Haha - I thought the body was rusty then!!!

Anyways, a bit more than 7 years later and we're at 216,700 with a lot more rust, and the powertrain is still quite healthy IMO.

Nate

·
Registered
586 Posts
2005 T&C Limited 3.8L, 252,000+ miles. Just replaced oil pan gasket, oil pickup tube o-ring, valve cover gaskets, PCV valve, upstream O2 sensor, and coolant temperature sensor. Hopefully good to go for a while longer now...

One interesting point of note, after replacing the coolant temperature sensor I actually witnessed my cooling fans operating in a variable speed manner... which I can't recall ever having witnessed before.

Original motor, transmission, and torque converter.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,086 Posts
When my 2006 DGC reached 300,000 miles (few years ago), I removed the non-leaking oil pan just to take a peek and to clean inside the oil pan. I was expecting it to be full of it.

For my surprise, it was fairly clean.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey, isn't there a sticky thread at the top of this forum for this very same topic ??? Seems that this is a duplicated thread.

Just saying. :LOL:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts