The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

441 - 460 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
A pal bought a leftover 2019 GC yesterday....hasn't owned it 24 hours yet.
It has 210 miles....most of which was the 120 mile trip home.
Any tips? I was wondering about the brake rotors and the battery.
I wouldn't worry. The only thing I would do is look up production date on door and change oil at one year anniversary of van.

·
Super Moderator
25,834 Posts
Battery should be fine.

Brakes .... hard to say ...... may have been sitting in a flooded parking lot. Won't hurt to take them apart and relubricate as well as check for corrosion. On my 2016 I had a bottom pin seize up (left front) and patches of wear face delamination on that same rotor last year. I installed a new caliper bracket, Raybestos pads and Raybestos coated rotors (85,000 km)
Torque Specs:
Front caliper bracket: 125 ft.lb. Front pins: 26 ft.lb.
Rear caliper bracket: 74 ft.lb. Rear pins: 26 ft.lb..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh yes, I will. I just needed to see if this website had a pulse.
I can tell you that Ford Rangers and Jeeps had good participation on their respective fora.
Acura, however, was a dead zone...completely worthless. I feared a family vehicle like a mini van would be equally dead.
Looks like MOPAR people are still involved and I'll be telling him to join immediately.
Remember, he has owned this GC for just about 24 hours exactly.
I can tell you people are tops.

To Jeepman: Checking the brake pin lube etc. is a good tip. Also, I "always thought" brake rotors rusted heavily in a matter of months from non-use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's Oct. 19th and I took my first look under the vehicle...in a parking lot.
I never saw the tubs the Stow and Go seats retract into before. Cool.

Ahead of the rear wheel well on the left side I found a tie wrap securing a pair of hoses in a channel of metal. I wasn't under the vehicle. Is a clip or other part missing?

·
Super Moderator
25,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
514 Posts
My only regrets in owning this vehicle is that I didn't buy it brand new in 2010 ( I could have ) I didn't know at that time . I was stuck on Lincoln's at that time .

I would have bought the Limited of course . But this Touring that I have ( that I am damn proud to own ) is a limited in cognito has everything that a Limited has and some . I even installed a Limited roof rack .

It's fully equipped including power rear seats has parking assist and BSM 4.0 L engine . Has everything except power folding mirrors and the sub woffer. But I've seen Limiteds that didn't have that as well . Ahh ok don't have a sunroof either. I can live without that because it lowers the headliner so low

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
My only regrets in owning this vehicle is that I didn't buy it brand new in 2010 ( I could have ) I didn't know at that time . I was stuck on Lincoln's at that time .

I would have bought the Limited of course . But this Touring that I have ( that I am damn proud to own ) is a limited in cognito has everything that a Limited has and some . I even installed a Limited roof rack .

It's fully equipped including power rear seats has parking assist and BSM 4.0 L engine . Has everything except power folding mirrors and the sub woffer. But I've seen Limiteds that didn't have that as well . Ahh ok don't have a sunroof either. I can live without that because it lowers the headliner so low
20201105_230108.jpg

20201105_230108.jpg

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country Touring
1 Posts
I "inherited" a 2008 T&C Touring when my wife got her new 2017 Pacifica. The Pacifica was replaced with a new 2020 Ram 1500 named "Bo" ... my lovely wife always names her vehicles ... and she loves the power, rumble, and imposing mass of "Ram-Bo." I am totally in love with my 130,700+ mile Ol'Blue, formerly Vanna Blue. My big old butt has crushed the driver's seat down to a height most comfortable for entry and egress, the dark blue paint proudly bears the scars of 12 years of WalMart, Stop & Shop, Lowe's, and Home Depot parking lot skirmishes with incompetent drivers (parkers?) and inconsiderate shopping cart shovers. Aside from terrible brakes when it was new and a few recalls over the years, Ol'Blue has never caused any trouble. And I don't cringe every time some fool in a big-a$$ SUV swings into a parking spot next to me. I hope to reach the 200,000 mile mark before I am recalled by my maker, but I have no doubt Ol'Blue will continue on long after I'm gone.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I "inherited" a 2008 T&C Touring when my wife got her new 2017 Pacifica. The Pacifica was replaced with a new 2020 Ram 1500 named "Bo" ... my lovely wife always names her vehicles ... and she loves the power, rumble, and imposing mass of "Ram-Bo." I am totally in love with my 130,700+ mile Ol'Blue, formerly Vanna Blue. My big old butt has crushed the driver's seat down to a height most comfortable for entry and egress, the dark blue paint proudly bears the scars of 12 years of WalMart, Stop & Shop, Lowe's, and Home Depot parking lot skirmishes with incompetent drivers (parkers?) and inconsiderate shopping cart shovers. Aside from terrible brakes when it was new and a few recalls over the years, Ol'Blue has never caused any trouble. And I don't cringe every time some fool in a big-a$$ SUV swings into a parking spot next to me. I hope to reach the 200,000 mile mark before I am recalled by my maker, but I have no doubt Ol'Blue will continue on long after I'm gone.
OK

441 - 460 of 471 Posts