The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

421 - 439 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think I am going to make a trip to Florida when I buy my next one. They are all rusted out around Ohio.
I would add a caveat before you start shopping. Concentrate on cars from the Ocala area northward, FL panhandle- southern Ga and Ala and MS- at least there is some cooler weather, so the A/C system isn't worn out. Plus, solar radiation takes it's toll on the paint, interiors and rubber. I look around my neighborhood and very few people use their garages for parking cars- and I have two sitting in mine- out of the sun. My van had ice cold air, which I thought was nice (and unusual) - then I discover at the Chrysler dealer that the A/C system had been rebuilt under extended warranty in two different trips- front and rear air- all new, about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge GC, 2012 Chrysler T&C , 2005 Dodge Durango , 2003 Mercury Mountaineer, 2002 Ford Exp.
14 Posts
167, 000 2013 Dodge GC
159,000 2012 Chrysler T&C.

I expect to have these vans for many more miles. My hubby and I drive our vehicles until the wheels fall off. We had a 98 Dodge Dakota that we finally put to rest at well over 300,000 miles and he drove his Chevy cargo work van to almost 500,000 before finally retiring it. Our 2005 Dodge Durango is sitting at alittle over 200, 000........although I am currently trying to convince hubby that we NEED a new Durango, Lol!

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,436 Posts
I would add a caveat before you start shopping. Concentrate on cars from the Ocala area northward, FL panhandle- southern Ga and Ala and MS- at least there is some cooler weather, so the A/C system isn't worn out. Plus, solar radiation takes it's toll on the paint, interiors and rubber. I look around my neighborhood and very few people use their garages for parking cars- and I have two sitting in mine- out of the sun. My van had ice cold air, which I thought was nice (and unusual) - then I discover at the Chrysler dealer that the A/C system had been rebuilt under extended warranty in two different trips- front and rear air- all new, about 4 years ago.
I would not agree on that one. AC systems used on a daily basis last longer than those occasionally used.

My AC is on all the time, summer or winter regardles of outside temperature. Only had one AC compressor replacement, and it was shortly after I bought my vehicle (used), so no idea of it's driving history.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2013 T&C 156000. Solenoid pack replaced 140.000 and left hand cylinder head recall replaced 149K. Transmission cooler lined replaced. Normal brakes and shocks. Power seat base replaced. I have a bad back and push buttons.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge GC, 2012 Chrysler T&C , 2005 Dodge Durango , 2003 Mercury Mountaineer, 2002 Ford Exp.
14 Posts
I'm in the South, born and raised. I'm in Alabama and have spent alot of time in all surrounding areas, GA, MS, FL, LA, etc.

I would have to disagree about the a/c being less used. We have cooler weather?? When? Where was I when it happened? Lol! Its HOT here.....day and night. We don't get the nice night breezes like FL, unless you are in the bay area of AL.....down by FL.

Its a muggy, humid hot thats hard to cool...trust me the a/c systems in these vehicles get worked HARD.

My hubby is extremely hot natured, doesn't think its cool unless it below 40 and we don't see that weather for long periods. I know many, many ppl here like that. They run their a/c, home and auto, almost year round.

I wouldn't look here if you're looking for a less used a/c system :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here in Louisiana we run AC for close to 12 months a year. For my 1500 sq foot house I have 4 AC units with 3 on most of the time. My vehicle hasn't seen heater on defrost but maybe 3 times in 2 years. Outside right now is 93 Humidity 41% and a Dew Point of 67 degrees. Feel like temp is 99 degrees. Been under a heat adversary for 28 days last month since feel like temps were over 105.

·
Registered
2 Posts
19,000 miles on a 2016 GC. It's black w/blacktop appearance package. Before the pandemic, I commuted to work on my bike. Now I work from home, so the miles are still staying low. Only issue in 4 years was the corrosion/paint bubbling on the hood and I live in sunny dry California. Chrysler and the dealer replaced the hood under warranty. I thought it had a little too much road noise on the highway, so I added a TON of sound deadening materials. Silent as a luxury car now 😊

·
Registered
2014 Chrysler Town and Country Touring L
2 Posts
Hi y'all. 64,058 on a 2014 T&C here in Texas. Just had the airbag light go on, resulting in replacing the seat back harness/wiring in the driver's seat, 1st real problem I've had. Darthvan, how'd you do the sound deadening? Any tips?

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
1 Posts
Hello,
We just purchased a new to us 2012 Town and Country Touring with 91,000, pretty well taken care of for a Wisconsin car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi y'all. 64,058 on a 2014 T&C here in Texas. Just had the airbag light go on, resulting in replacing the seat back harness/wiring in the driver's seat, 1st real problem I've had. Darthvan, how'd you do the sound deadening? Any tips?
I had to remove all the interior trim pieces and carpet to apply something similar to dynamat on the floor and sheet metal in the doors. it was a lot of work, but I’m really impressed with the results!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just upgraded from a 2005 gen4 with 276k miles. Still started ran and drove. But it was in need of some tlc.
Our new 2010 gen5 has 245k at purchase.
We would have kept the '05 and put some work into it, but I wanted rear slider roll down windows for the kids. I put over 30k miles/yr. I will have the new one over 275k-280k this time next yr for sure.

421 - 439 of 439 Posts