The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

381 - 400 of 439 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
338 Posts
Well l just turned 196000 won't be long now .Boy I just love this thing it's like the Energizer bunny it keeps going and going and going. It seems like it's bullet proof.

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
489 Posts
172k miles on our '09 GC, running smooth now that I had the right front wheel bearing assembly replaced. Just like the left front unit, I couldn't get it off the spindle using a slide hammer and penetrating fluid, so I had a shop do it for a couple hundred. I really hate taking our cars to a shop if I can avoid it, but at least I have one I can trust. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I need front bearings too and I'm not quite at 250000kms. I wonder how long I can go with noisy bearings.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Sounds like you are due for new bearings, at about the right mileage, in fact you are over due at that mileage. If they seize up you will have more than noisy bearings to contend with.
First make sure it's a bearing noise and not a tire noise.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
172k miles on our '09 GC, running smooth now that I had the right front wheel bearing assembly replaced. Just like the left front unit, I couldn't get it off the spindle using a slide hammer and penetrating fluid, so I had a shop do it for a couple hundred. I really hate taking our cars to a shop if I can avoid it, but at least I have one I can trust. :)
When I replaced my wheel bearings the right one came apart but the left one was a bear. I work in a shop . I banged and banged no go. I ended up removing the hub, axle, and the lower control arm as a unit. Because from all the damage from hitting . And you can't get to the lower ball joint because of the axle. I worked out

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got 323,000 km or 200,700 miles on my 2013 Grand Caravan and it is still going very strong. I've had to replace shocks and brakes, cv joints, transmission cooling line a couple times, and that's about it. Not too bad. I'm going to keep running this thing until the wheels fall off, and it seems like that will be a while yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased a 2010 Chrysler T&C Plus model, this week with 105K miles- a one owner Florida vehicle. Appears to have been garaged most of it's life. I paid $5500 from a small dealer in Sarasota, 60 miles or so north of me- no dealer fees at all- he sells and ships 80% of his cars to out of state buyers.
The dealer is installing new front wheel bearing hubs before I take delivery.
I will soon find out if the past mechanical maintenance was as good as the van looks inside and out.
It's nice to have a Chrysler product in my garage again- I retired from the Kokomo Indiana transmission plant in Dec of 2008. Being the frugal type, I would never have paid over $30K for a new T&C , even when I was working for Chrysler.

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
489 Posts
Good choice! Looks a lot like my parents' '08 T&C. They have the 4.0 engine with most options, including a tow hitch they've never used (nothing to tow).

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Nice but never heard of a plus model . How is it equipped I mean as far as factory options ?I can see that's it's clean .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not many were made in 2010- here is a video- Salesman describing the differences--
I prefer the manual climate control knobs. I think they did the Plus model to use up excess upholstery made for the Walter P Chrysler signature edition. Nothing goes to waste.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Not many were made in 2010- here is a video- Salesman describing the differences--
I prefer the manual climate control knobs. I think they did the Plus model to use up excess upholstery made for the Walter P Chrysler signature edition. Nothing goes to waste.

I watched the video and it was nice .You learn something new everyday. Didn't know there was such a model. Well heck when l get done with mine it will be the FIRST Super plus. 😆

Other than the seats ( which l like ) it's just like my Touring I'm right now installing the VES system. Already installed the chrome door mirrors with turn signals and auto dimming

Theft alarm and working on EVIC . I've installed over a half dozen factory options including remote start. So thanks to you I'll call mine Super Plus Touring 😆 LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, new to the site. Just picked up an 08 T&C with 94K Miles on it. Digging it so far. I have a few things I'd like to look into and possibly do. IE Integrate a Rasperry Pi into the VES system that streams from my home server. Anyway, look forward to speaking with yall!

·
Registered
25 Posts
126k miles on our 2010 Grand Caravan SXT we just gave to my sister-in-law, and 50k on our 2010 Town & Country my dad gave us

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Boy you just can't beat these vehicles . The most trouble free vehicle I've owned in a long time 198 thousand and running like brand new. And I have a lot of fun tinkering with it . It's like I'm 16 yrs old again 😌 :)

381 - 400 of 439 Posts