The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

What's the mileage on your 4th generation?

371K views 2K replies 442 participants last post by  Mopar-Mofun 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow can't believe the van is at 180,000 Kms now.Only 20,000 kms to go until the big 200,000 kms. Seems just like yesterday I bought the van. Is their any thing that I should be on a look out for at this point?

Also whats the current mileage on your 4th gen?

Reactions: TomJ440 and JD4010
#8 · (Edited)
See below (in both languages :) ):

2007 GC SXT - Magnesium - S&G - 3.8L - 97,864 kms (60,675 miles)
2002 GC Sport - Stone White - 3.3L - 295,030 kms (182,918 miles)
2003 Jeep TJ Sport - 4.0L - 244,100 kms (151,300)

#15 ·
mileage = distance, miles per gallon, travel rate, remaining life

meterage = a fee charged for measurement (think electrical power bills or water bills)

klick = U.S. military slang for a kilometer

kilometerage = metric form of mileage = too long a word, use klick instead :)

#17 ·
2003 GC Sport AWD with 145,000 miles. Not all of it original, of course. Here are the major repairs outside typical miantenance, rubber hoses, belts, brakes, and tires:
1. Water pump (warranty)
2. AC system (warranty)
3. Driver side sliding door lock actuator
4. Many seals: rear axle (AWD), transfer case output shaft, oil pan, both valve covers, lower intake, upper intake,
5. New cooling system metal piping to replace corroded pieces
6. Body panel rust repair in tailgate, hood, and rear three quarter panels (multiple times)
7. Alternator
8. Front strut assemblies
9. Sway bar bushings (three times)
10. Sway bar end links (two times).
11. Steering rack
12. Outer tie rods
13. Inner tie rods
14. Turn signal stalk

Next up on the list is the transmission solenoid pack.

#19 ·
To make it even more confusing, people in metric countries could use metric miles. Unfortunately, depending on context, that is either 1500 m (swimming) or 1600 m (running), except in Britain (you Brits really have to have things your own way, don't you?) where it is 1500 m in running as well. For automotive purposes, I would choose 1600 m, since that's closest to the statute mile. I have no idea what the abbreviation for a metric mile is, but I supposed "mmi" would work.

Or the British Empire and all its offspring (including the USA) could pull their heads out of their asses and go completely metric.

On a side note, because mpg and l/100km are reciprocal measures, distance per volume vs. volume per distance respectively, the conversion between the two is the same both ways, y = 235/x.
For example, 30.0 mpg = 235/30.0 = 7.83 l/100km, and 8.00 l/100km = 235/8.00 = 29.4 mpg to three digits precision (the same precision as the formula).

Reactions: #35
#20 ·
217,000,000,000 mm. I don't think technically I'm supposed to use the commas, but did just in case someone wants to check my math.

#23 ·
If you tow a boat, maybe use nautical miles. :)

The nautical mile (symbol M, NM or nmi) is a unit of length that is about one minute of arc of latitude measured along any meridian, or about one minute of arc of longitude at the equator. By international agreement it has been set at 1,852 metres exactly (about 6,076 feet).

#26 · (Edited)
:lol:

Although my van does not have wings, I do operate it from the cockpit, and I live beside the ocean. Should I be using nautical miles? I suppose you could use tactical miles, if your van is a missile. Intercontinental Ballistic Minivan. Nah, more like a SCUD. Sorry.

#29 ·
128,015 miles. Drove it 1245 miles in the 1 year I've owned it. No problems yet, but this minivan is too expensive to drive when my EVIC says 11.6 mpg avg driving in the city of Chicago, which has some of the highest gas prices in the USA [$4.59 to $4.79 for 87 octane now].

#32 ·
No problems yet, but this minivan is too expensive to drive when my EVIC says 11.6 mpg avg driving in the city of Chicago, which has some of the highest gas prices in the USA [$4.59 to $4.79 for 87 octane now].
Around $1.28 a liter here today (was over $1.30 last week) = $4.84 / US gallon. Even higher in Europe.

What's your yearly gas bill for your van?

#1,437 ·
Just broken in, good for another 100,000 kms easily. :thumb:

#33 ·
Last year probably 1245 miles / 17 mpg * $4 / gal? I haven't kept receipts, but ever since I discovered the 4th gen has a direct 12V plug to battery it makes me use it less for 11.6 mpg city driving. I can go for a month without driving it, as I mostly use my Civic HX as my main car since it gets about 23 mpg city, - which stinks because in Houston I used to get 44 mpg weekly tanks with it.