The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1741 - 1760 of 1765 Posts

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,742 ·
Final odometer when the wrecking yard took my old 2004 last week was 367,605 KMs

Reactions: Miron

·
Super Moderator
26,516 Posts
That's a lot of kms. My 2002 GC 3.3L Sport had 370,000 km on it when sold to a neighbour. He drove it for a year or so and sold it to a friend in Cape Breton who was in need of a vehicle. It was still working good, so he said. Likely approaching 400,000 by now.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,516 Posts
Reactions: Miron

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 05 limited has 218,000 miles. Just used it on a 2,100 mile trip to DC and back from Naples, FL. Just sanded off all the clear coat that was peeling on the roof and mostly one side. Spray painted it with cans from the internet and it looks almost new:). Got a new transmission about 3k miles ago but not sure that that was the problem as new front discs stopped the shaking. Been thinking about upgrading to a newer year but the only thing I'd be gaining is phone bluetooth. It's my 3rd vehicle besides an 05 Mini S convertible with 118k and a 95 XJS convertible with 200,500k, that's not counting my Honda Silverwing 600cc scooter with 25k. I didn't put most of the miles on the Jag or the scooter. The van and the Mini I did. I'm single:).

·
Registered
195 Posts
My 2003 Grand Caraan Sport has about 239,000 miles on it.

Reactions: BJ(615)

·
Registered
18 Posts
02 Grand Caravan eL 227,000 miles (365,321 km)

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
02 Grand Caravan eL 227,000 miles (365,321 km)

Previously owned vehicles (yrs owned):
61 Plymouth Valiant Wagon (1yr)
55 Ford Customline (3yrs)
76 Chevrolet Chevette (3yrs)
61 Ford Pick-up Truck (1yrs)
76 Honda Civic (12yrs)
72 Dodge Polara (10yrs)
87 Hyundai Excel GL (9yrs)
81 Chrysler Newport (10yrs)
89 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE (11yrs)

59 Cadillac Fleetwood
90 Honda Civic DX
02 Dodge Grand Caravan LE
OMG, quite a lot of cars... a whole fleet :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
'07 GC SXT 96,805 miles. Just woke her up from her winter slumber for an oil and filter change, tire rotation, and lube job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm just testing my signature. I'm trying to update my mileage in it to 220,000 miles. I'm not sure how to do that.

·
Super Moderator
26,516 Posts
I'm just testing my signature. I'm trying to update my mileage in it to 220,000 miles. I'm not sure how to do that.
Click on your Avatar (small one, upper right of page)
Go to "Account Settings"
Scroll down the menu to "Signature"
Click there

Reactions: pcrequest

·
Registered
25 Posts
T&C 2004, 3.8L, 70,000 original miles.

Repairs:
  • Liftgate Latch
  • Bushings
  • Door lock actuators (sliding doors)
  • AC Compressor
  • Alternator Pulley (came off when I was doing 8.5 mph ;) ...at 6am... After I found the pulley (inside the belt shield) - I put it back on. Started the vehicle and... it jammed...😐 Found a tow truck company (on the internet). They said, it would cost me $125 (6 miles)...and...Like an idiot I decided to take the alternator off, by myself and go on foot...🤷‍♂️
Found a repair shop, but, as expected, they were closed. Started looking for a convenience shop (I was hungry and it was cold outside). Found one; luckily, I was allowed to wait inside the shop.
*Guys at the repair shop asked for $270 (labor costs).🤡
**Pulley + Labor = $340
I thought they were ripping me off, so I decided to do everything by myself...

I went to an autoparts store, bought a new alternator pulley, pulley tool kit, power tools combo kit (cordless), which included: Grinder + Impact driver. Found a place near the store. It took, about, 40 minutes... of struggle (had to cut the old, jammed pulley off).

Bottom line:
1) New alternator pulley installed
2) Now I have cordless power tools + pulley tool kit...LoL
3) 12 miles walking exercise

Costs:
- 65$ (pulley) + $85 (pulley tool kit) + $400 (power tools) + 4 hours...

$550 (by myself) instead of $465 (tow truck / repair shop).🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
T&C 2004, 3.8L, 70,000 original miles.

Repairs:
  • Liftgate Latch
  • Bushings
  • Door lock actuators (sliding doors)
  • AC Compressor
  • Alternator Pulley (came off when I was doing 8.5 mph ;) ...at 6am... After I found the pulley (inside the belt shield) - I put it back on. Started the vehicle and... it jammed...😐 Found a tow truck company (on the internet). They said, it would cost me $125 (6 miles)...and...Like an idiot I decided to take the alternator off, by myself and go on foot...🤷‍♂️
Found a repair shop, but, as expected, they were closed. Started looking for a convenience shop (I was hungry and it was cold outside). Found one; luckily, I was allowed to wait inside the shop.
*Guys at the repair shop asked for $270 (labor costs).🤡
**Pulley + Labor = $340
I thought they were ripping me off, so I decided to do everything by myself...

I went to an autoparts store, bought a new alternator pulley, pulley tool kit, power tools combo kit (cordless), which included: Grinder + Impact driver. Found a place near the store. It took, about, 40 minutes... of struggle (had to cut the old, jammed pulley off).

Bottom line:
1) New alternator pulley installed
2) Now I have cordless power tools + pulley tool kit...LoL
3) 12 miles walking exercise

Costs:
- 65$ (pulley) + $85 (pulley tool kit) + $400 (power tools) + 4 hours...

$550 (by myself) instead of $465 (tow truck / repair shop).🤦‍♂️
You are a very brave man! (y) (y) (y) but it is way cheaper to have an AAA membership!
Especially with an old car... unpleasant surprises are always around...

Reactions: shtalles
1741 - 1760 of 1765 Posts