The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 128 Posts
223k on my 96 GV 3.3. Orig trans and Engine from what I can tell. Bought from single owner that did pre-m and repairs 90% at dealer so I know it had ATF+4 all it's life.

I bought it with 152k on the clock, best 50 bucks ever spent!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

115k on my 97! Change my oil and filter every 3,000, did 2 trans fluid and filter changes to flush whatever crap may have been in there, and thing runs fantastic! It was grandma owned!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

425,000 miles this week.
Recently replaced the Autozone Alternator and Powersteering pump again. RockAuto Balljoints are shot again, its always the non-factory parts that are dying on me:wall:

Bought the entire leather and suede interior out of a 2000 T&C last weekend, along with the front and rear bumpers! I've been backed into and rear ended by three different Fords recently, gotta fix all those awful dents.

Those Fords are aggressive, likely the hostile looking LED lights causing it. :)

I'd have to agree with that. My '97 Voyager SE owes me nothing at 166K on the same bullet and trans. This weekend is refurbed fuel injectors, throttle body service, plugs wires and a new upstream oxygen sensor. No runability problems but these are maintenance things that are due. Also just put on a new set of front pads and rotors. The rotors were the originals.

Right now 97 caravan around 220,000 miles. Battery removed for attempted electrical problem and repairs. Came back here to see if I could find any ideas.
It's been a disaster for 4 months.

Three years ago I sold my 98 GCV which was starting to rust badly. I moved from Long Island to Durham NC. Its amazing how many 4th and older generation Caravans and Voyagers are down here. I guess because they very rarely use salt on the roads that keeps them in good shape.

99 3.8 dgc sport - 260k, planning on going to 400k. We don't have road salt or whatever it's called, here in East Oakland.
We've lived in this van for years and years. Plenty of room (...with auxiliary storage unit). Bout to do refurb injectors, valve cover gasket, plugs, wires, uh...and some more. Van is bulletproof. Just doing those things for fun, I guess.

I'm really not sure of my 1999 Plymouth Voyager (base, 2.4 liter, 31TH trans)'s mileage. The odometer currently reads 163221...but according to the auto data report when I bought it, at the last emissions check/inspection it had 274,000 miles. Oh-kay. The previous owner no speaka da Eengleesh too good, but he must have replaced the body computer and probably the engine at some point; at any rate when I replaced the timing belt in January I found it didn't have the proper tensioner mounting for a 1999-spec engine.

So that was a potential red flag, but when I found out that the check engine codes were clear, it drove well, the A/C still blew cold, and he was willing to let it go for significantly less than the $1500 I had remaining after another driver sought the answer to what happened when you crossed a Chrysler 300 (my previous car...a beauty!) with a Cadillac, and after the banks and insurance companies did their thing, I went for it. It's needed a lot of work (in addition to the timing belt and water pump, I've replaced the radiator, belts, hoses, brakes, and front struts), but so far I've been able to do almost all of it myself. Not a bad decision, I think.

have a 1999 Chrysler T&C bought new in 1999, has 250,500 (one way to the moon) but the front strut housings are rusting badly, so it probably won't make it back from the moon. I changed the spark plugs at 100K and 200K, otherwise engine has been untouched.

Three years ago I sold my 98 GCV which was starting to rust badly. I moved from Long Island to Durham NC. Its amazing how many 4th and older generation Caravans and Voyagers are down here. I guess because they very rarely use salt on the roads that keeps them in good shape.
I'm up in Washington and we don't use salt but some sort of deicer (salt also kills roads) and the cars up here fair real well rust-wise. My 96 Voyager SE has around 170K and it is rust free. But because of the fir tress all over the place here (we love 'em) the needles can fill up the HVAC intake air plenums and can wreak havoc there causing leaks and smelly HVAC systems.

I believe there is a blue wire on the factory harness which turns the amplifier's in the speakers on. You simply connect this wire to the 'remote turn on' lead on an aftermarket head unit, which is often a blue wire itself. It's the same wire on the head unit which you would connect to an aftermarket amplifier.

I've fixed this on two other Dodge vehicles with Infinity sound, the owner replaced the head unit with an aftermarket and forgot to connect the blue wires as it wasn't in the instructions(it might have been brown or orange). In both cases, they thought the speakers were all blown but as soon as the amps had a signal to turn on they worked fine.
Hey Special Edy, I don't remember exactly but when I changed head unit on 92 voyager (Infinity). I used a plug and play kit from Walmart and I barely got sound out until I figured out it had to be double grounded. Also it did not say anything about amplified speakers (Infinity) in instructions anywhere. Don't know wire colors as that was 15+ yrs ago. Maybe that will help someone down the road.

61 - 80 of 128 Posts