The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Electronically, it's responding, but not so much mechanically.
Which it should not happen... the computer should know what the mechanics are doing, isn't it?

·
Registered
825 Posts
with what i know about the A604, shouldn't it watch the input speed, see my shift into drive, and watch the output speed and see that they don't match? that's what would throw an "improper 1/2 gear ratio" or whatever check engine light, the fact that it's sent the command to shift but sees no change in input and output speed

If it sounds like a shift and it feels like a shift, then it is a shift!
i just wonder what's keeping it from moving in reverse

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
416 Posts
I have an update on my sub amplifier project.

So, I accidentally broke the Gain knob (which basically controls how much the amplifier amplifies the signal) and I'm sure someone can read my mind on some words I considered using.

So basically, since it's broken, the amplifier amplifies the signal the max amount it can, and good god that thing shakes the entire earth, even at low volume which is not what i wanted.

Well, not sure what to do now, I can't take it apart because it's soldered into the cover and it's unreachable :/ and I'm not driving around with this much bass, and since I broke it I can't exactly return it. It's also long past warranty :(

·
Super Moderator
24,076 Posts
What's with you? Have you ODed on water hoses? You take good care of your vehicles, me, not so much. Most washes are an environmentally friendly natural variety. :)

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
416 Posts
What's with you? Have you ODed on water hoses? You take good care of your vehicles, me, not so much. Most washes are an environmentally friendly natural variety. :)
I usually polish my families vehicles at least 2 times each year, and many washes in between along with interior detaining at least 5 times each year. Lots of work when taking about a truck, a van, and 3 cars 😂 😂

Oh, and toss in a few motorbikes in there too :)

·
Super Moderator
6,280 Posts
Ha ha

I made a budget version of the Obsessed Garage pressure washer station in my garage, and it makes car washes so easy now! All I need to do is plug the power cable into the outlet in the back of my garage, turn the pressure washer on, and I'm washing cars, so much better than the arrangement at my parent's place where I had to always pull it all apart after every use.

·
Super Moderator
24,076 Posts
Okay, so there's an epidemic. :)

Obsessed Garage pressure washer station, what next? Sure looks interesting.

Obsessed garage Pressure washer system install

Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
416 Posts
I just finished adding the alpine sub amplifier to my 09 OEM premium infinity system, I also added 2 passive 2 way crossovers for the rear 6X9 speakers, sending the lows and mids to the main speakers, and the highs to the new tweeters. I got the 2 additional infinity tweeters from a salvage 2008 Hyundai Santa SUV, they look of good material and sound remarkably good.

I'm quite surprised, these tweeters make quite a difference in sound sitting in the rear and are actually heard from the front too, I am really glad I added these. I attached them to the main 6X9 speakers, and I angled them to face slightly upward and frontward.

The sub woofer sounds fantastic, after replacing the broken gain knobs, I turned the gain down to the lowest setting and it really adds a good amount of punch! I keep the bass setting on my head unit at -4 for the best sound, if I get bored and turn it to +9 then it might start to be heard by the vehicles next to me 😂 😂 But that's too much for my enjoyment and the sub isn't meant to handle that much power.

Although, I wish the sub was made of slightly better quality material. At this point I replaced all the speakers except for the sub, so maybe I'll look into getting an aftermarket sub, plenty of power to drive it so I'll keep it on the list!

·
Super Moderator
24,076 Posts
Changed the oil in my 2016 a couple days back. I let it run until the change oil message came on at 15,291 km, changed it at 15,467 km. Last oil change was synthetic because they didn't have any 5W-30 conventional oil left.
This change, I did myself (off warranty), using Valvoline Daily Protection 5W-30 and a FRAM TG11665 oil filter.
Engine hours for oil change = 247, so I averaged 62.6 km/engine hour, an improvement over last time at 59.0 average.
There are two o-ring gaskets on the new oil filter, large top, small bottom, I lubricated both.

Next thing is to make a transmission dipstick, most likely using the motor oil dipstick. The top of the tube is pretty much blocked by some very heavy wire harness. I couldn't seem to budge the cap, does that screw out or just pull out?

Reactions: Michalb

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,886 Posts
Got a flat today.

After 111,000 miles on the original tires, I thought it was time to replace them anyways.

Nitrogen filled @ 42 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
24,076 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,886 Posts
I bought those tires at Walmart, I don't know anyone at that location, so no installation.

They charged me $10.00 USD core charge per tire, weird.

Now I need to take them back in order to get my $10.00/tire back.

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
1,983 Posts
Next thing is to make a transmission dipstick, most likely using the motor oil dipstick. The top of the tube is pretty much blocked by some very heavy wire harness. I couldn't seem to budge the cap, does that screw out or just pull out?
You turn the plug counter clockwise about 1/4 turn, then you pull it out.

Reactions: Jeepman and LEVY

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
416 Posts
Usually, something like this:

Oh wow, that looks fun! I never towed anything with my families van, but it's a 3.3L which struggles up hills with a whole family in it!

It does have the hidden hitch, just in case it's actually needed.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts