The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Rear camera is a fairly easy addition, IMO, and worth it for the safety added. I added an aftermarket one, and with a Lockpick, it was plug and play, and allows for a front camera and use in motion. I actually just put a new one on that I found while browsing Amazon, and it does a bunch of cool different views like some OEMs are doing now:

They had power folding mirrors on the T&C Limited before it ended production, so the hardware does exist.
Which rear camera did you use? How did you run the wires to it?

What year was the power folding mirrors available on? I know Steffen added power mirrors to his, it's just a curious question.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,705 Posts
Installed my black headlights today, and adjusted the beams tonight. Clear lenses make so much difference! A couple of days ago I also installed my generic ebay LED dual color fog light bulbs (9005) and adjusted the height of those. Well, except the passenger side which the adjustment must have stripped out because it doesn't move. So nice to choose white or yellow simply by turning the fogs off and on again within 5 seconds. Should make a big difference in rain or snow.

Oh yeah, got new tabs today too. There's a license center across town that has a drive-through, but I still had to wait for an hour and a half to get them! Good for another year now.

Okay, and a glamour shot of the lift and wheels:

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Installed my black headlights today, and adjusted the beams tonight. Clear lenses make so much difference! A couple of days ago I also installed my generic ebay LED dual color fog light bulbs (9005) and adjusted the height of those. Well, except the passenger side which the adjustment must have stripped out because it doesn't move. So nice to choose white or yellow simply by turning the fogs off and on again within 5 seconds. Should make a big difference in rain or snow.

Oh yeah, got new tabs today too. There's a license center across town that has a drive-through, but I still had to wait for an hour and a half to get them! Good for another year now.

View attachment 58107

View attachment 58108

View attachment 58109

Okay, and a glamour shot of the lift and wheels:

View attachment 58110
Looks fantastic Road Ripper!!

·
PT Driver
2,674 Posts
Cleaned up the inside of my Fiesta on Wednesday, and found that the floor mats don't last 70k miles. Wore a hole straight through the floor mat underneath the brake pedal.

·
PT Driver
2,674 Posts
Put new floor mats I found on Amazon in my Fiesta, was actually able to find a set of carpeted floor mats specifically made for it. Bonus is, it now also has rear floor mats now too. Which it didn't before.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
I just got a Alpine 2 channel amplifier, I am hoping to amplify the sub 1 and 2 signals (It's a dual coil sub-woofer) so that I can hear the sub better in the front. It is only 35W per channel, so 70W peak power for both channels on top of the 506 watt OEM infinity amplifier. I'm hoping this will be enough to satisfy the bass coming from the sub, if not, I can sell the amp for more then I got it and get a better one.

I don't imagine this will blow the factory sub-woofer, although the sub does distort at higher volume levels but that is because the infinity amplifier is not sending enough power to it, causing clipping. Ideally I should be getting a better sub as well since the OEM sub is... Made out of paper.... but I will listen to how it sounds with the new amplifier first.

In the long run, I do plan to buy a replacement sub that infinity makes, designed to replace any 8" OEM sub and supposedly is also a touch more sensitive, it has great reviews and can handle up to 650 watts RMS so that will for sure not be blown by this small Alpine amp I have now.
If the Alpine amp isn't enough for it I'll sell it and pair it with a infinity 2 channel amplifier, and I'll bump up the RMS wattage to 100 per channel or 200 per channel since the replacement sub can handle it.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I just got a Alpine 2 channel amplifier, I am hoping to amplify the sub 1 and 2 signals (It's a dual coil sub-woofer) so that I can hear the sub better in the front. It is only 35W per channel, so 70W peak power for both channels on top of the 506 watt OEM infinity amplifier. I'm hoping this will be enough to satisfy the bass coming from the sub, if not, I can sell the amp for more then I got it and get a better one.

I don't imagine this will blow the factory sub-woofer, although the sub does distort at higher volume levels but that is because the infinity amplifier is not sending enough power to it, causing clipping. Ideally I should be getting a better sub as well since the OEM sub is... Made out of paper.... but I will listen to how it sounds with the new amplifier first.

In the long run, I do plan to buy a replacement sub that infinity makes, designed to replace any 8" OEM sub and supposedly is also a touch more sensitive, it has great reviews and can handle up to 650 watts RMS so that will for sure not be blown by this small Alpine amp I have now.
If the Alpine amp isn't enough for it I'll sell it and pair it with a infinity 2 channel amplifier, and I'll bump up the RMS wattage to 100 per channel or 200 per channel since the replacement sub can handle it.
I hope you are not one of those guys that when you wait beside them at a traffic light, their 'music' is blowing your brains off... why would they like the whole area to hear their so-called music...

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
I hope you are not one of those guys that when you wait beside them at a traffic light, their 'music' is blowing your brains off... why would they like the whole area to hear their so-called music...
That sounds like a great idea Miron! I'll have to cut a massive hole in the roof to fit one of those huge movie theater speakers on the roof, and aim the speaker down so it's a gravity assisted down firing sub!! I need to make sure my neighborhood all knows when i leave or come back, otherwise it doesn't count!! 😉😜😝

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
I don't like loud music, and I also don't like so much low end that it shakes the vehicle and the vehicle beside you. I like it at a volume that you can still speak to the person next to you without turning the music down or speaking up. That is actually the reason I'm "enhancing" the low end, because from factory, I cannot really hear the sub until I reach such a volume that I must raise my voice close to a shout to talk to the person in the passenger seat. The amplifier will increase the "booms" and lower end frequencies just a touch, maybe like 25% more would be great. And even at a slightly higher volume, it still won't be heard from vehicles that are next to me at the traffic lights.

Part of music is the booms and the punches the sub woofer gives, same goes for movies. There are scenes where they add booms and bangs, that you can hear and feel. It adds to the overall movie impression, and helps you sort of be in the moment. It won't quite be like that because it's a van, road nose and vibrations also take away from that as well. But at least I'll be able to hear most of what the creators wanted me to hear, and maybe feel a little bit as well.

I promise no one beside me will ever hear or feel my music sitting at the lights next to me, except of course, me :) (I'm still quite young with great hearing, I'm hoping to save my hearing so I won't have an issue with it later in life, but it's funny I play the bagpipes (I always wear earplugs though, still very loud)

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Worked on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra yesterday, changing spark plug, oil and filter, transmission fluid, plus, plus. The vehicle seems very well constructed and in great shape, being corrosion protected.

It was a very warm, windy day, a beautiful day, no flies.

Looks like there's oil leaking down in one of the spark plug tubes though. I did spill some in the wind, but don't believe it got in there. That spark plug was very easy to remove. They were OE plugs. 131,000 km on the vehicle, mostly city driving in recent years. Used NGK iridium, took out Bosch platinum.

The leak would be from the valve pan cover and/or tube seals. There's a Fel-Pro kit on RockAuto for around $30.00.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I promise no one beside me will ever hear or feel my music sitting at the lights next to me, except of course, me :) (I'm still quite young with great hearing, I'm hoping to save my hearing so I won't have an issue with it later in life, but it's funny I play the bagpipes (I always wear earplugs though, still very loud)
I didn't actually think that one of those 'music' lovers would be wasting their precious time on a forum like ours :)

I love bagpipes... especially Amazing Grace :love:

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
I didn't actually think that one of those 'music' lovers would be wasting their precious time on a forum like ours :)

I'm sure there are audiophiles somewhere hidden in this thread, they are just really quiet :) I want good quality music, but at the same time, I'm not ready to invest any more then a few bucks into this so I can't exactly be one, since this system is far from perfect to the normal audiophile expected quality.

Glad someone appreciates the bagpipes, although, that's the single most requested tune to play, everywhere I go, someone always asks. There are so many other wonderful tunes out there!

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts

Some people whistle, or sing, while they are working on their vehicle, so why can't one play the bagpipes while changing the oil. :)

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Glad someone appreciates the bagpipes, although, that's the single most requested tune to play, everywhere I go, someone always asks. There are so many other wonderful tunes out there!
I am looking forward to your recommendations ;)

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Some people whistle, or sing, while they are working on their vehicle, so why can't one play the bagpipes while changing the oil. :)
I was considering going skiing, and playing the bagpipes a I ski down the mountain, just for the laughs and giggles.

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
I was considering going skiing, and playing the bagpipes a I ski down the mountain, just for the laughs and giggles.
Playing football, while skiing, has resulted in early deaths, perhaps playing bagpipes will raise the bar. :)

Backwards? :)

41 - 60 of 67 Posts