The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

what in the clockspring is going on!

715 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  06DGC 
#1 ·
i have a 2011 T&C Touring. has anyone had issues with their clockspring? i have put in 2 new ones, and 3 steering wheel cruise control modules. the cruise control is the only thing i have an issue with. after the replacement parts, it will work perfect for about 3-6 months. then it leads into slapping the area above the airbag, and then can barely get it to work at all. anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
i have a 2011 T&C Touring. has anyone had issues with their clockspring? i have put in 2 new ones, and 3 steering wheel cruise control modules. the cruise control is the only thing i have an issue with. after the replacement parts, it will work perfect for about 3-6 months. then it leads into slapping the area above the airbag, and then can barely get it to work at all. anyone have any ideas?
Meaning? A video of the slapping in action maybe? :)

#3 ·
It could be installed slightly off center. If that's the case a full lock turn to the wrong side will rip the cable.

Make sure your wheels are pointed straight ahead when you change it and do not remove the positioning pin in the new one before you have it in place.

Reactions: LEVY
#9 ·
Yes, I broke one clockspring during an install by not reading the preloading instructions. Fortunately, it was a cheap eBay one. I had installed an aftermarket cruise control in my Yaris. The car then went in for a recall. Cruise didn't work after that - no trace in the replacement ribbon for the cruise control. The first one I put in, I didn't preload. I didn't make that mistake again. That was a few years ago and no issues so far.

#5 ·
This thing is going wacko?

Looks like it's fastened in three spots. I'm not familiar with cruise control being set up like that, usually it's buttons on the wheel.

#8 ·
That's it. A German Mercedes steering wheel on a Chrysler minivan. The cruise control is trying to goose step.

Reactions: coolcatcreative
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.