The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys

need to replace a timing chain set on my Chrysler Grand Voyager RG 2005 3.3liter v6 EGA motor and I am having difficulty locating a timing chain cover gasket
parts are sometimes hard to get here in Australia for this model and make.

from the vin i have pulled all the records I can for this car and from what I can find its part number 04621958 from Mopar was just wondering if anyone had this gasket or an old one to find out what it is made up of coz the mechanics around where I am suggested using the form a gasket black goo and I'm just not happy with that answer as it has a gasket and the same type or a better one should be used.

looking at all options even making my own from same gasket material
other then the chain and sprockets what else needs to be replaced and if anyone has the part numbers so i can search local retailers to get all the parts needed for the job
I know new oil pan seal/oil/filter/coolant needs to be done also

·
Registered
587 Posts
I believe 05019252AD is a kit containing much of what you will need... apparently including the gasket you are looking for. Any chance you can locate one of those? I see one international seller with a partial kit list on ebay.au, but customs are on you, of course. Parts sites are showing replacement number 05174543AE for this same kit now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scuzzione, thx man, I wish they had a complete kit that included the chain sprockets and seals and whatnot would make life so much easier

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey there guys

need to replace a timing chain set on my Chrysler Grand Voyager RG 2005 3.3liter v6 EGA motor and I am having difficulty locating a timing chain cover gasket
parts are sometimes hard to get here in Australia for this model and make.

from the vin i have pulled all the records I can for this car and from what I can find its part number 04621958 from Mopar was just wondering if anyone had this gasket or an old one to find out what it is made up of coz the mechanics around where I am suggested using the form a gasket black goo and I'm just not happy with that answer as it has a gasket and the same type or a better one should be used.

looking at all options even making my own from same gasket material
other then the chain and sprockets what else needs to be replaced and if anyone has the part numbers so i can search local retailers to get all the parts needed for the job
I know new oil pan seal/oil/filter/coolant needs to be done also
RockAuto has the entire kit and has been my best friend with fixing my T&C: 2005 CHRYSLER VOYAGER 3.3L V6 Timing Set | RockAuto

This is also an article on exactly how to get parts from them shipped internationally if your country is not one that they will ship to: Buy From RockAuto's USA Online Store - International Shipping - Borderoo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts