The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,815 Posts
Some member may advise that you have only changed a fraction of the fluid and therefore only diluted it.
Actually you have strengthened it by replenishing some of the additives. 4 drains and refills = a complete change for all intents and purposes.

My mechanic didn’t use ATF+4® when changing my transmission fluid. What should I do?
To ensure you have removed most or all of the existing ATF, it is recommended that you perform a total of three (3) changes using ATF+4®. It is further recommended that you do not mix ATF+4® with another automatic transmission fluid (ATF).

Reactions: Sunroof guy

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
yes, my wording requires clarification. By draining four quarts of old fluid and replacing it with 4 quarts of new fluid you are diluting the old fluid with new fluid, thus, strengthening the fluid additives that have oxidized over the years/miles.

If you do the procedure four times (thank you Jeepman), you have virtually replaced the fluid completely. Thus the consideration of installing the Dorman transmission pan with drain plug. Take some pictures while you are working, I like pictures!

41 - 42 of 42 Posts