The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am trying to trouble shoot the 4 lights in the dash that are the tell tales that the wheel speed sensors are in need of work or replacement.

I had the D solenoid replaced on the transmission at the gear shop and after a couple of days back from the shop the lights would come on . They went back out after and few hours or the next morning but now they do not go off at all .

I have a code reader but it does not show any codes at all but the lights are on ??

My hunch is that the the main wire coming from the sensors is perhaps not plugged in all the way ??? Whats you thoughts?? Tranny now works fine
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Hi all I am trying to trouble shoot the 4 lights in the dash that are the tell tales that the wheel speed sensors are in need of work or replacement.

I had the D solenoid replaced on the transmission at the gear shop and after a couple of days back from the shop the lights would come on . They went back out after and few hours or the next morning but now they do not go off at all .

I have a code reader but it does not show any codes at all but the lights are on ??

My hunch is that the the main wire coming from the sensors is perhaps not plugged in all the way ??? Whats you thoughts?? Tranny now works fine
Thanks in advance
Well, before you invest anything into this I suggest disconnect the battery and touch the positive and negative leads together a coule times. This resets all the systems and all the codes. If you hook up the battery again after and the codes come back, it could be a wheel sensor. But it also could be the tires being a different diameter (making the vehicle get mixed readings when braking, disabling the ABD and traction control functions. Pump up the tires, check the tires and make sure they are all the same size and worn roughly the same.

Parking brake spring mechanism seems to have been some people's issue of these lights too in the past for some reason?

A bad wheel bearing, hub, caliper, or wheel sensor could also be bad and cause the lights. A bad speed sensor will throw a code though, so if there's no codes, you need to keep looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts