The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Sway Bar links

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pgh_AL 
#1 ·
Finally, got a chance to dig deep to find that annoying clunk I was hearing. Could not find anything loose. Pried on the sway bar and couldn't find any give in the bushings, tugged and pried on the sway bar links and no play. Before giving up and putting it all back together I greased the zirts on the links. And that must have done the trick. Did a test drive through Nashua and no more clunk! Biggest accomplishment of the week! BTW there is a jack stand next to that floor jack.

See less See more
#3 ·
The first part of the job was to figure out where the clunking was coming from. There are various items that are secured the fender area forward of the wheel and above the liner. I wanted to see if anything was loose up there and it is difficult to see all that from the engine compartment. Plus it gave me the opportunity to pull all new buttons in so so the liners are now nice and tight again.

#5 ·
Did you have both sides jacked up, and both front wheels removed? If you didn't, the sway bar would be under torque and you probably wouldn't be able to feel any loose parts. ALL of the weight needs to be removed from both sides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.