The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Spare tire kit. Or not?

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Kira 
#1 ·
Went to local dealership to price the spare tire kit. Parts guy said it needs a winch kit also. This group of kits priced out at almost $600 with a discount. I’ve seen spare tire kits on line for $350.
No winch kit online. Looking under the 2014 T&C I see what looks like the upper half of the spare storage area.
Is the winch kit something that’s needed?

#3 ·
Our 14 had the winch already. I bought the lower carrier and tire/wheel on ebay for about $150 or something like that.

Take a good look under there. Maybe post a picture

#4 ·
I checked in the cargo area compartment where the Tirefit compressor is stored. I found the jack and a pouch with tools. I looked under the van. The upper tire cover and winch are already in place. Like you said all that is needed is the spare tire/wheel and lower cover.

#11 ·
Nothing to install if the winch is already there. If upper cover is not there, then it takes just two plastic push pins to attach it to the vehicle.

Try ebay.

#12 ·
Buy the kit off ebay and install it like Levy states.
My 2014 T&C 30th Anniversary did not come with winch, tire or plastic covers. Was a very easy install. I bought the plastic push in holders for the top plastic cover at NAPA.
I bought the winch off ebay as well.
You do need to look under the van between the two front seats to see what you do or do not have already.
You won't go wrong having a spare. Good luck with the inflation kit when the sidewall gets punctured or valve stem leaks/breaks. It is nice to have a compressor in the vehicle.

#13 ·
My friend solved his situation by buying and installing the parts needed.
He reported it on a different thread. He wrapped it up a week ago (mid November) and included pictures.
I am linking it here for anyone who wants the whole story.

Happy Thanksgiving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.