The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think the files are just out there. I bought a 3 day TechAuthority membership, with a coupon :), and used a clone PodII I bought on AliExpress. Worked like a charm. The clones of the original Witech are very good for enabling options you add to your vehicle, but should NOT connect to TechAuthority. If you do, they will update and no longer work for you, if I recall.
I purchased a 3 day TechAuthority pass, and I think I figured out how to download the appropriate files. It wasn't completely straightforward though, and I ended up having to retrieve them from deep into one of the Java folders.
I've up with these 2 files per download:
(file number).edf
(file number).flpart

It looks like they were supposed to be downloaded to the TechAuthority J2534 app, which didn't install correctly for me.

Does this seem in line with what you did? I don't know if EDF is the native format, or if the J2534 tool was supposed to convert them to something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed through the Witech software with the POD II clone. I just logged in through TechAuthority and selected the module I wanted to flash and it did it. The software showed what modules had a flash available and I selected the powertrain flash update. Took a couple of minutes, logged off, turned off the vehicle for a few minutes and restarted and the change was done.
Honestly, I don't know what format the files were in as I never saw them.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No problem at all. I assumed, it would update and stop working as soon as I log in with it, hence trying to do it offline. I guess I could cross my fingers and go for it....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about the original Witech clone as you didn't mention which one you bought. I should have asked to be clear.
It should have stated in the add at Alibaba which version it was and if it can be used online or not. I recommend checking to be sure.
I'd hate to see you nuke it if it is the first version.
As well, follow the included instructions carefully.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Apparently it worked. Logged in through witech, and it pulled down the available flashes. After all this drama? My PCM had already updated.

Oh well, at least I know now. I was able to flash a power sliding door update. I didn't have the problem, but I figured since I went to all that effort, I didn't want to leave empty handed.

I bought the cheapest witech I could find. There was no mention of it working online, so I assumed it wouldn't. I guess I got lucky.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good stuff. I'm glad it worked for you. Too bad it didn't fix your problem though.
At least you have it for future use.
While I had my TechAuthority subscription I grabbed all the wiring schematics for my van, my daughters Jeep and my Dad's Journey.
I like my wiring diagrams.

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Good stuff. I'm glad it worked for you. Too bad it didn't fix your problem though.
At least you have it for future use.
While I had my TechAuthority subscription I grabbed all the wiring schematics for my van, my daughters Jeep and my Dad's Journey.
I like my wiring diagrams.
Are they available as PDFs or what?

·
Registered
48 Posts
As Steffen said, yes. They are all saved as pdf's. My 3 day Tech Authority subscription was completely worth it. I flashed the pcm in my van, enabled the trailer wiring in my daughter's Jeep and downloaded a ton of wiring diagrams. I think I got it on sale too so it was a great experience.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to download the entire set. I had to open every individual section and print as pdf individually. It would have taken forever to do the whole thing, and then I'd have to figure out how to put the document back in order. I decided, I'd just spend the $25 next time I need it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, there is no easy way to download the files that I found. So I had more time than brains and I did it one by one for the 3 vehicles I downloaded.
I created folders for each group for each vehicle and then sat on my computer for the evening saving pdf's.
Time consuming, but cheap.
I do have an AllData DIY account for my van, but these schematics are more thorough I find.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts