The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Scamsoil

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  marvinstockman 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently a new member posted a link to a scamsoil page (Joseph Feghali's page).

Don't know if he is Joseph Faghali or not, but the thing is, scamsoil OE line of fluids is there to lure unaware customers into thinking those products are O.E. (Original Equipment) for their vehicles, they are not!

Here's the page:

People, don't fall for it!

#2 ·
At least Amsoil is marketing motor oil to Chrysler MS 6395 and not dismissing Chrysler MS 6395 like Mobil 1 does.

I believe Amsoil fares quite well in the PQIA testing.

Their marketing approach, well, it's pushy plus they are not licensed for ATF+4.

But ..... in general, motor oil marketing is a lot of meaningless hype. I like it when a company like Valvoline goes after the big dog for not meeting specs, i.e. keeping them honest.

Valvoline vs Mobil 1 - Round 2

#3 · (Edited)
Look at what Advance Auto Parts is saying:
Chrysler Pacifica Automatic Transmission Fluid
Your Chrysler Pacifica will be happy to know that the search for the right Automatic Transmission Fluid products you’ve been looking for is over! Advance Auto Parts has 8 different Automatic Transmission Fluid for your vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up. The best part is, our Chrysler Pacifica Automatic Transmission Fluid products start from as little as $6.74.
1. Valvoline MaxLife - Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid
2. CARQUEST Oil & Fluids - Chrysler ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid
3. CARQUEST Oil & Fluids - Dexron VI ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid
O'Reilly Same thing:

The 9 speed transmission requires some very expensive ZF fluid.
Use only Mopar ZF 8&9 Speed ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid, or equivalent. Failure to use the correct fluid may affect the function or performance of your transmission
Fluid And Filter Changes
Under normal operating conditions, the fluid installed at the factory will provide satisfactory lubrication for the life of the vehicle. Routine fluid and filter changes are not required. However, change the fluid and filter if the fluid becomes contaminated (with water, etc.), or if the transmission is disassembled for any reason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.