The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never saw it before.

Replaced the driver's side window regulator.

Now, when I lock the doors, this little dot light under the N (Neutral) keeps flashing as long as doors remain locked.

Any idea?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition
34 Posts
Vehicle security alarm? See mention of "vehicle security light" below.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,084 Posts
I locked my doors with the interior button about 10-15 minutes ago. Saw this post and went to check. Security light is blinking slowly. Unlocked and relocked with the fob. Light blinked fast for about 15 seconds and went back to the slow blink.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and LEVY

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited
163 Posts
Funnily enough I’ve had my van for just a shade over a year and only noticed for the first time last week.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,084 Posts
Funnily enough I’ve had my van for just a shade over a year and only noticed for the first time last week.
I've owned mine for 6 and vaguely remember noticing it a few times. Easy to miss in the day. At night it's pretty bright. But how often do you look back after locking your doors?

Reactions: LEVY

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys.

I live in a ranch, very dark at night. Never saw this light before. Now, even from a little far away is easy to see.

Mine is an ex-rental, probably was not activated before.

I'll be driving to Puerto Vallarta on Sunday, I hate surprises.

Hope everything is ok.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
840 Posts
It shouldn't be an issue. The fact that it blinks indicates to me that your van had a glitch or maybe the door module had the security system and your van didn't.

It shouldn't cause any issues. It's when the light blinks with the key in the ignition and unable to remove the key or start the van that is the problem!

And as mentioned above, it will flash while the doors are locked to indicate the system is working, you can test this by trying to open a door while it's locked, I think it should give 3 horn chirps when you either unlock or open the door after unlocking, to alert you that someone had pulled the handle or attempted to get in.

Good luck in Mexico, been to Puerto Vallarta once for 2 weeks, I wish I could go again :( Such a wonderful place, just so expensive to go anywhere, oh and covid of course.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
maybe a sensor in the door got upset somehow during the work?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe a sensor in the door got upset somehow during the work?
Worried because I couldn't find one connector go (see the red arrow), so I left it hanging. I think it wasn't connected, but not sure.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
840 Posts
Worried because I couldn't find one connector go (see the red arrow), so I left it hanging. I think it wasn't connected, but not sure.

View attachment 60230
What wire colors are those? That could be for the LED that is in the door on higher end versions, possibly.

Also, those are factory speakers??? They don't look like the base or infinity ones.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What wire colors are those? That could be for the LED that is in the door on higher end versions, possibly.

Also, those are factory speakers??? They don't look like the base or infinity ones.
White wires, I believe.

Is a 6 speaker system.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
840 Posts
White wires, I believe.

Is a 6 speaker system.
It looks like it's a 3 way white connector, and that description matches the courtesy lamp on the driver and front passenger doors, which you most likely do not have. It's a white LED it plugs into.

The location also makes sense, not sure what else it could be, nothing else it really ca be. Don't worry about it! If you're worried, you can add it, and if that worries you there are more connectors for options your van doesn't have you can add if they do worry you! :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
my 4th gen has that too, just a light connector for higher trim door panels

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like it's a 3 way white connector, and that description matches the courtesy lamp on the driver and front passenger doors, which you most likely do not have. It's a white LED it plugs into.
100% correct, I do have the courtesy light, but not working now! :oops:

Will connect it when I come back from my trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts