The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition. 3.6L, 211kW
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between 2AME13337A and 5113337AI?
I also think that the diagram for the first one is wrong since the headlights have more lights/bulbs than shown. And I’m also wondering why the first one is that much cheaper.

Taken from Lamps, Interior and Exterior for 2014 Chrysler Town & Country | My Mopar Parts

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3rd gen > all others
3,327 Posts
Old style headlights and new style headlights. The old style diagram is also showing the fog light assembly for some reason, which isn't included.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,063 Posts
Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old style headlights and new style headlights. The old style diagram is also showing the fog light assembly for some reason, which isn't included.
Which T&C models use the old style headlight? I think I haven’t seen those in any 5th gen.

·
3rd gen > all others
3,327 Posts
That's what the pictures look like. I see T&C didn't use the old style headlight capsule like the 08-10 Grand Caravans did. Yet, it is still pictured in the parts diagram. Probably Chrysler recycling images again, or else they listed the T&C and Caravan headlights together in the same group. Why do they have to make it so confusing?

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what the pictures look like. I see T&C didn't use the old style headlight capsule like the 08-10 Grand Caravans did. Yet, it is still pictured in the parts diagram. Probably Chrysler recycling images again, or else they listed the T&C and Caravan headlights together in the same group. Why do they have to make it so confusing?
They even list this wrong diagram for the 5113337A headlight. Even though you can see from the real photos that the headlight in the diagram is different.

So the initial question remains: what is the difference between those two headlights written in the original post?
And an additional question about product codes: The last letter just shows a version/revision of a product? 5113337AC, 5113337AD, 5113337AH etc are all the same?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,063 Posts
Yes, AA, AB, etc. are just revision codes.

The sites I linked are Mopar parts dealers. Those say that the 2AME... number is HID, the other is standard halogen.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, AA, AB, etc. are just revision codes.

The sites I linked are Mopar parts dealers. Those say that the 2AME... number is HID, the other is standard halogen.
But that still doesn’t explain why and how those HIDs are $100 but HIDs with another model number are $800 (which is more reasonable price for HIDs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts