The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's a 2019, chances are you can put up a fuss at the dealer and get it added. That is unless it says "if equipped".
The only "if equipped" refers to having the optional EVIC, which mine does. I did kick up a fuss. The dealer said to talk to FCA. First answer was premium EVIC is an option and mine doesn't have it. It does have it. Second answer was the "if equipped" excuse. Doesn't say that. Third answer was talk to the dealer.

I will try the dealer again based on some of the comments about TPMS here, when/if I can get it home (it's stuck in FL).

What really annoys me was I factory ordered it with the premium EVIC ($500) on the basis that I asked the dealer what it displayed and they showed me the print owners manual (they didn't have an EVIC in inventory). If I knew it didn't display tire pressure I would have got the spare tire instead.

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
188 Posts
That's a point I made earlier IF EQUIPPED That's the caviot

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The only "if equipped" refers to having the optional EVIC, which mine does. I did kick up a fuss. The dealer said to talk to FCA. First answer was premium EVIC is an option and mine doesn't have it. It does have it. Second answer was the "if equipped" excuse. Doesn't say that. Third answer was talk to the dealer.
What really annoys me was I factory ordered it with the premium EVIC ($500) ...
That dealer would not want me in your situation. When I have a problem with dealer service, I bring a bag of broken parts with me and speak loudly enough for the whole lobby to hear me.

You paid extra for it to have those options, so either they need to add that feature or refund all costs associated with the missing feature. There's likely a custom order fee in addition to the $500 option fee.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That dealer would not want me in your situation. When I have a problem with dealer service, I bring a bag of broken parts with me and speak loudly enough for the whole lobby to hear me.

You paid extra for it to have those options, so either they need to add that feature or refund all costs associated with the missing feature. There's likely a custom order fee in addition to the $500 option fee.
The dealer was good about it, but the root problem is the FCA manual is wrong, has been wrong for some time, and FCA can't be bothered to fix the manual even after at least 3 years. I'm not sure what the dealer can do. Maybe they can't reprogram it to display tire pressure, but if that's possible it doesn't make sense that FCA wouldn't do it at the factory. As for transmission temperature, there is no way they will be able to make it display it. I suppose they could refund the option price, but they had to pay FCA for it and FCA is the guilty party. The had waived the special order fee and gave me $17,300 off MSRP so it's not really fair to blame the dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I know ChryslerCares doesn't seem to be active on this forum lately, but maybe they can help. The usually act as a mediator with the dealer, but maybe they can represent you to corporate.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,948 Posts
I'm not sure what the dealer can do. Maybe they can't reprogram it to display tire pressure, but if that's possible it doesn't make sense that FCA wouldn't do it at the factory. As for transmission temperature, there is no way they will be able to make it display it. I suppose they could refund the option price, but they had to pay FCA for it and FCA is the guilty party. The had waived the special order fee and gave me $17,300 off MSRP so it's not really fair to blame the dealer.
I think it is possible to have the EVIC to display transmission temperature.

Will work on it and report back after some testing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it is possible to have the EVIC to display transmission temperature.

Will work on it and report back after some testing.
You're probably right that it is possible. After all, Pentastar Journey EVIC does display transmission temperature. What I meant was FCA doesn't ship any from the factory that display it.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
So I have a 4 gauge cluster on my 10 tc. But no buttons on the steering wheel. Any idea what I would need parts wise to get the evic with actual useful info for things like tpms and engine parameters? Mine is only useful for lime stuff 'change oil' and 'tire pressure Low' and direction and outside temp

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm on the task of doing this myself, another member has apparently just finished his just a few days ago, and he said that he plugged all in and it worked, the EVIC responded when he pressed the EVIC buttons on the steering wheel, so that should mean that yes it does work.

You will need the cluster with the EVIC (Which will not have a button on the far left side just the right side for trip reset, but the display will have a VFD there on the left side) and there will be buttons on the steering wheel.

You will also need the turn indicator/wiper levers module they are attached to, as well as the EVIC steering wheel switches and the wiring from the switches to the plug on the back side of the steering wheel. You will have to remove the steering wheel and get at that, not sure how, but that's what you need. I tried plugging in an EVIC cluster with my non EVIC turn indicator/wiper module and it didn't work, neither did the audio switches, so that's why that module needs to be replaced.

Once you get those, replace the turn indicator/wiper levers module for the one you have, remove the airbag, and replace the audio switches wiring for the one with the EVIC switches, plug it all in, replace the cluster, and you will have EVIC.

Remember mileage is stored within the cluster itself, of course the ECM also has it's own for mileage but the cluster number for mileage is stored within the cluster itself. I contaced him about tire pressures, there is a difference between the base non EVIC and EVIC clusters, I'd be interested to see what it will display, maybe it will show correct, or maybe it will show max pressure until a low pressure is triggered then that wheel will show 0. Not sure.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
You dont happen to have part numbers for all this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Kilometers per hour or miles per hour?

200Km/hr max (120mph) or 220km/hr (130mph)? (This doesn't matter, but if you want the higher top speed you can 😂

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I seen in the Appcar that my top speed was only 112 mph . More than fast enough for me . If I had a need for speed I certainly wouldn't be driving a CHRYSLER Town and country LOL:D

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Meh, I've hit the limiter many times. Mine is limited to 115, but I've had it at 118 going downhill when already maxed. Poor motorcycle cop had to go report the minivan that got away. :p

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
I seen in the Appcar that my top speed was only 112 mph . More than fast enough for me . If I had a need for speed I certainly wouldn't be driving a CHRYSLER Town and country LOL:D
Meh, I've hit the limiter many times. Mine is limited to 115, but I've had it at 118 going downhill when already maxed. Poor motorcycle cop had to go report the minivan that got away. :p
What I was referring to was that the T&C has a higher top speed on some models then others.

The normal clusters show up to 120mph, but higher end shows 140mph. I see a lot of T&C with the 4.0L in the auto wrecker go up to 140. Dodge clusters only went up to 120.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well, that's rather strange considering the FCA brand realignment. Dodge is meant to be the performance brand. Or maybe it does make sense because it can use the majority of the range, making it seem faster when it tops out.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
So other than that what other difference are they ? trying to top either one out might get you locked up around my way:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
Well, that's rather strange considering the FCA brand realignment. Dodge is meant to be the performance brand. Or maybe it does make sense because it can use the majority of the range, making it seem faster when it tops out.
Isn't Dodge meant to be the "cheaper" brand, the options the GCV base to mid trims have are significantly fewer then base to mid trims on the T&C. (I'm talking about the pre GT and R/T trims)
So other than that what other difference are they ? trying to top either one out might get you locked up around my way:rolleyes:
Just the higher top speed, that's it. I came to the same conclusion as you, it doesn't make sense for North American vehicles, but it does make sense for European vehicles, like the German Autobahn, where the top speed is... as fast as you want?

But as you stated earlier, it's a van and it's not designed to be a fast race car. We will never know the though process over at Daimler Chrysler who though of adding the extra speed.

I do quite like how 100km/hr (60mph) is straight vertical on the lower speed vans though, it's a nice touch in my opinion. I also have the 3.3L, which even without the limiter will likely never exceed 120mph on a flat road. I'm not even sure my tires are meant for those speeds.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Isn't Dodge meant to be the "cheaper" brand
That was how it was before the FCA brand realignment in 2009. Seems they just didn't apply the changes to the vans.
Dodge was shifted to performance, Ram was created for trucks, and Chrysler was for mainstream.

Just the higher top speed, that's it. I came to the same conclusion as you, it doesn't make sense for North American vehicles, but it does make sense for European vehicles, like the German Autobahn, where the top speed is... as fast as you want?
Ah! That's likely the reason for it. The Dodge brands aren't sold in as many countries with higher speed limits.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Well back in the day of the Plymouth brand. Dodge was the intermediate badge between Chrysler and Plymouth. I sure hate they quit the Plymouth brand . Because there might be a Roadrunner today .Maybe even a four door RD LOL LOL :giggle:

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
That was how it was before the FCA brand realignment in 2009. Seems they just didn't apply the changes to the vans.
Dodge was shifted to performance, Ram was created for trucks, and Chrysler was for mainstream.

Ah! That's likely the reason for it. The Dodge brands aren't sold in as many countries with higher speed limits.
That's interesting to know, never though of it that way!

it's still out of place for Canada, also, why did Chrysler never introduce the diesel engine to North America? Why only Europe?

I also really like the tail lights for the Voyager between 08-10, I know it's off topic of EVIC but we mentioned the Voyager and Europe. I really like the design, I just wish the GCV and T&C had a designated turn indicator as one of the white slots on our tail lights like the voyager has.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 126 Posts