The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking everywhere for this info but can't find it. I'm looking for the EVIC that has transmission temperature (and premium TMPS would be nice too), don't care about other fancy features like the compass, but will take it if it's not available without. I have EVIC already, but it doesn't have those additional features.

Searching through the owners manuals I can only find mention of trans temp monitoring on the 2018+ models, but I swear I've seen it on older models, specifically T&Cs with factory tow package.

Anyone know which model numbers have the trans temp monitoring capability?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
416 Posts
I've been looking everywhere for this info but can't find it. I'm looking for the EVIC that has transmission temperature (and premium TMPS would be nice too), don't care about other fancy features like the compass, but will take it if it's not available without. I have EVIC already, but it doesn't have those additional features.

Searching through the owners manuals I can only find mention of trans temp monitoring on the 2018+ models, but I swear I've seen it on older models, specifically T&Cs with factory tow package.

LEVY might be a good contact for this, or Steffen. I know they both did the upgrade on their 2011+ vans. As far as I'm aware, T&C vans had the full EVIC more often then dodge vans did, so if you search look for T&C EVIC clusters, but that still doesn't help your part number issue. Mileage is also stored inside the cluster too.

I've been trying to add the EVIC to my 09, but being a dodge, I have yet to see a van with the EVIC cluster in any junkyard. I searched everywhere, and I only found 2 clusters on Ebay which were sold roughly a year ago now, already sold when I looked for them. A huge pain :( Also, the T&C cluster doesn't fit into my van, I have the 3 pod and the T&C had the 4 pod one, which reduces my chance of finding one which was already extremely slim 😭 😭 😭

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware of Levy's upgrade. He went from non-EVIC to EVIC. Not sure if his EVIC cluster has the features I'm looking for, but maybe. Didn't know Steffen did one on his too.

I can get around the mileage issue. Have a Snap-On Modis at work with an odometer write function. Oddly enough, my mileage is slightly different in my PCM than in the CCN. Only by about 7 miles, but still different.

I bet to make the 4 pod fit in yours is just a matter of swapping the bezel as well. Before I saw yours I didn't know the early 5th Gens even had 3 pod clusters. All the ones I've seen had the 4. Here's one for sell now.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
173 Posts

Beware of the manual. I have a 2019 which I factory ordered to get the premium EVIC. The manual says it displays tire pressure. It doesn't. It also says it displays transmission temperature but it doesn't.

I have a 2017 Journey and the EVIC monitors transmission temperature (and tire pressure).

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,886 Posts
I'm aware of Levy's upgrade. He went from non-EVIC to EVIC. Not sure if his EVIC cluster has the features I'm looking for, but maybe. Didn't know Steffen did one on his too.

I can get around the mileage issue. Have a Snap-On Modis at work with an odometer write function. Oddly enough, my mileage is slightly different in my PCM than in the CCN. Only by about 7 miles, but still different.
Full EVIC on 5 Gen. doesn't show transmission temperature.

I believe Steffen did all possible upgrades on a 5 Gen. minivan.

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
163 Posts

I bet to make the 4 pod fit in yours is just a matter of swapping the bezel as well. Before I saw yours I didn't know the early 5th Gens even had 3 pod clusters. All the ones I've seen had the 4. Here's one for sell now.
That looks like a T C non Evic cluster an EVIC cluster only has the knob on the right side . Beware of Ebay sellers sometimes they make mistakes

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,886 Posts
That looks like a T C non Evic cluster an EVIC cluster only has the knob on the right side . Beware of Ebay sellers sometimes they make mistakes
I don't see that seller claims to be a full EVIC cluster. That will fit 09 but not Sienile's 2013.

For premium TMPS other parts might need to be replaced, don't know.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
But he is claiming that it's for a GC and it looks exactly like my 09 TC before I changed to EVIC which only has the knob on the right. Believe me I've seen enough of them in the last several months to know the difference :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Premium TPMS will apear in the EVIC if you program the module tipmcgw --> vehicle config 2 -> tpm premium = set. I dont know why but its work without the tpms module and shows the pressure in the EVIC.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
416 Posts

Yes you are right, and Dodge did make that exact same "theme 4 pod cluster just in dodge colors" as the T&C has for 08-10 with the fake wood trim, but they also offered the 3 pod without wood trim (which I would much prefer to keep as I don't like the fake wood design). I also prefer the 3 pod design, the 4 pod just looks like any other vehicle speedometer.

They are all interchangeable for 08-10, it's just that I like the 3 pod design more and would like that one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I've seen over the years where things in the owners manuals and even in sales brochures list or feature items that don't show up on actual vehicles.

My thoughts are that they were probably in the initial planning . The manuals were printed and distributed something went wrong for what ever reason . And was too late to be retracted.

And you must watch the if equipped after and option listing

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've seen over the years where things in the owners manuals and even in sales brochures list or feature items that don't show up on actual vehicles.

My thoughts are that they were probably in the initial planning . The manuals were printed and distributed something went wrong for what ever reason . And was too late to be retracted.

And you must watch the if equipped after and option listing
Maybe, but the manual has said it displays transmission temperature and tire pressure since 2018 and they still haven't corrected the manual. Even the 2020 manual says it displays both.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I was running into. 2018+ manual shows trans temp is in EVIC. I'd assume if it's not in every EVIC then it's in ones that come with the towing package, but I can't find any info on which model numbers have it.

Premium TPMS will apear in the EVIC if you program the module tipmcgw --> vehicle config 2 -> tpm premium = set. I dont know why but its work without the tpms module and shows the pressure in the EVIC.
Good to know I can do that upgrade already. Wonder if there's a similar setting for trans temp.

I don't see that seller claims to be a full EVIC cluster. That will fit 09 but not Sienile's 2013.
I know it won't fit mine. Thought it was what Michalb was looking for.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
337 Posts
My 2013 Town and Country has tpms but only shows if you have a low tire. Can setting tpm premium=set will that give each tire's pressure?

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
337 Posts
My EVIC does show transmission temperature. I was surprised by that, It's a feature I'd never heard of before.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 2013 Town and Country has tpms but only shows if you have a low tire. Can setting tpm premium=set will that give each tire's pressure?
Sure will. Tried it on my 2013 DGC after Steffen said it would work, and it does!

My EVIC does show transmission temperature. I was surprised by that, It's a feature I'd never heard of before.
YES! This is exactly what I'm looking for! Any chance you can find what model number of cluster you have? If you can't, would you mind PMing me your VIN so I can use it to find the one I'm after?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts