The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm going to try it.

What does Police Lighting do? I found the setting in my computer report in Appcar.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
Not that I'm going to try it.

What does Police Lighting do? I found the setting in my computer report in Appcar.
I saw that myself, I also saw the "military vehicle" icon as well, 2 that would be interesting to try but I'd be worried to try as to avoid any conflicts or anything of sort. There is some vehicle tracking system on board, that's why I'm a bit skeptical to try that.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
I'm guessing it lets you run without daytime running lights. Police cars are always set up so they can be driven without any lights on.
Why? So people cannot see cop cars? I understand them waiting on the side of the road, with engine idling and no lights, but driving?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
May also enable bulb flashing, but likely requires an input that you won't have. Of course this is just speculation.
Why? So people cannot see cop cars? I understand them waiting on the side of the road, with engine idling and no lights, but driving?
Since when have you seen a cop concerned about safety?

Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to have a 1975 Ford E-150. Once goofing off I found a pair of wires with a connector on them. I made sure that they weren't just power and ground and went ahead and jumpered them together. They allowed me to pull out the headlight switch to the running light position without turning on the running lights but with the dash lights on. Weird feature. I soldered in a toggle switch for it, but later removed it, I just never needed that feature.

·
Super Moderator
24,182 Posts
Undercover 2011 Dodge Caravan [EVI built]

Reactions: Sienile

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
Undercover 2011 Dodge Caravan [EVI built]
You must've been there checking this one out.

For some reason it won't let me add it as an image. Says contact administrator. 2 birds, 1 stone. :p

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,948 Posts
Police lighting use their own light controller, usually plugs into the OBD port.

Police settings might allow OBD port to communicate with all vehicle lights.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
820 Posts
You can see the light controller mounted between the vents toward the end of the video Jeepman posted.

OBD is probably right. On the Chevys that are used as cop cars (whether or not it has the police package) you can trigger "Parade Mode" on a high-end scanner, which does the alternating blinking lights.
Since DRL and fog light drop out features already accessible in AlfaOBD and DiagFCA, it's definitely possible. Just those and rear turn signals that need to be alternated.

Reactions: Jeepman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts