The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need my vin programmed into my replacement pcm. I don't really want to go to the dealer as I don't want to change the software. It works perfectly except the vin mismatch for smog.

What tool can I use? What service can I use?

I found a DRB3 emulator via micropod 2,but I don't have any 32bit installations of windows 7.

There are no services here interested in helping. I am SOL.

I heard horror stories with vin flashing services that take your pcm and send you another. I don't want another. I looked high and low for this specific one ( One year only) and I don't want it exchanged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know if you are interested going this route, but would it be possible to use a VM for windows 7? I have no expertise, just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if you are interested going this route, but would it be possible to use a VM for windows 7? I have no expertise, just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
yes but eitherway i slice it, i need windows 7 32bit for that dongle, and it being a drb3 emulator, i am not sure if it has the functionality of vin writing like the drb3 comp

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I wounder if member bizcuite or PapaMarco can help. bizcuite has developed a DRBIII app for Android devices. Wouldn't that be a great feature, to be able to flash the VIN...

Although, I suspect that the process is more of creating a package for the eprom that matches the database of features and accessories that were installed on that particular vehicle at the time of manufacture.

Crapavan, there has to be SOME somewhat reputable company out there that will program your component without a swap exchange. Communicate and agree that you are to be getting your exact unit returned. THEN, make a distinguishing mark on your unit that ensures that you have been returned the correct one.

Like a Penn and Teller card trick.... Sign your name in sharpie on it (but also make a hidden scratch, dent, or other mark)

Reactions: JCVanLife

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Good on ya JCVanLife... way to offer to help a brother out!

Reactions: JCVanLife

·
3rd gen > all others
2,895 Posts
I think it is difficult on purpose. Imagine being able to reflash a new VIN, and swap tags from another van onto it. Too easy to change the identity of the vehicle, which is why only dealerships can do it (if you bring in your title to the van).

Reactions: Mopar-Mofun

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SX
750 Posts
I need my vin programmed into my replacement pcm. I don't really want to go to the dealer as I don't want to change the software. It works perfectly except the vin mismatch for smog.
Does the smog station state the PCM has to be a match to the vehicle VIN ???

A1 CARDONE is a reliable source to contact for re-flashing. Not sure about anyplace else.

What became of your old PCM? can you show the smog place the actual 'brain' and say the van had a brain transplant? Would the van run with the original PCM ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts