The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
Discussion Starter #1
When I acquired my 2010 TC a little more than a month ago the only thing that didn't work was the parking assist system . I scanned it turn up a shorted to ground module.

Changed out all 4 sensors and it works but the EVIC says service park assist system. When I put it reverse it says park assist on and it works good too馃槂.

Anybody have a clue of what might be going on here ?

Registered
2009 GCV SE
When I acquired my 2010 TC a little more than a month ago the only thing that didn't work was the parking assist system . I scanned it turn up a shorted to ground module.

Changed out all 4 sensors and it works but the EVIC says service park assist system. When I put it reverse it says park assist on and it works good too馃槂.

Anybody have a clue of what might be going on here ?
Disconnect the battery and touch plus and minus together a few times, should go away :)

Most likely a stored code in the system

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
That was the first thing I did . Will swap out module tomorrow Thanks

Registered
2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition. 3.6L, 211kW
Replaced assist module problem solved
Could you explain what the assist module is? I thought that the sensors are the only problematic and replaceable part.

Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (4.0L)
Hey @Pgh_AL ...seems like our vans are having similar issues (just replied to your other thread on VES issues).

I'm also experiencing the service park assist issue, used phone trick to confirm three of four sensors were good (one above exhaust was bad), replaced that sensor with a Dorman version but didn't resolve the error.

Did some multimeter probing and the Dorman sensor seemed markedly different than stock sensors (used impedence mode, set to high resistance), so went back to original sensor and now looking at park assist module.

Were there any other diagnostics you did to confirm park assist module?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
First off the problem with the VES was on my cousins 08 TC and the park assist is with my 10 TC. I replaced all the sensors (4) and it works while in reverse (flawlessly) when you put it in drive Chimes and EVIC displays service park assist.

I swapped out the module with my 09 TC just to see if it had changed anything I thought it did . But it does the same . So I ordered a wire harness . I'll try that not to say it will fix it but I can eliminate that in further diagnosis

The sensors I picked up on EBAY cheap the wiring harness I ordered from Mopar. Could be the cheap sensors .

Registered
2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition. 3.6L, 211kW
First off the problem with the VES was on my cousins 08 TC and the park assist is with my 10 TC. I replaced all the sensors (4) and it works while in reverse (flawlessly) when you put it in drive Chimes and EVIC displays service park assist.

I swapped out the module with my 09 TC just to see if it had changed anything I thought it did . But it does the same . So I ordered a wire harness . I'll try that not to say it will fix it but I can eliminate that in further diagnosis

The sensors I picked up on EBAY cheap the wiring harness I ordered from Mopar. Could be the cheap sensors .
It鈥檚 very likely that the issue is with the cheap sensors. I recently bought 4 new 3rd party sensors and the evic gave the service error. Switched back to the oem ones - no error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
It鈥檚 very likely that the issue is with the cheap sensors. I recently bought 4 new 3rd party sensors and the evic gave the service error. Switched back to the oem ones - no error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be right after thinking about it . You only get what you pay for. I have some used oem sensors I'm going to swap them just to see what happens.

Registered
cheap (chinese) sensors dont work. The most of them produces DTC B129x-25 (wave form) or DTC B129x-92 (performance). "x" stands for 5,6,7,8 = sensor 8, 9,10,11

1 - 10 of 10 Posts