The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Pacifica questions - 2013 update

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jon Mopar 
#1 ·
I noticed the last extended commentary of these vehicles is about 3 years old, so excuse the rerun, but lately I've gotten the Pacifica jones, & thought I'd ask you folks that have old & new experiences with them, how's it going?

If the old '96 GC would simply die, I'd no doubt have a Pac by now, but at 240K the beast just won't quit. Nonetheless, I tend to research cars on the short list prior to an actual grenade situation. I figger my handyman days are winding down, & I don't really need the cavern offered by the GC. I've been impressed by what I've gathered on the interwebs about the Pacifica, especially the '07-'08, with the 4 liter, & 6 speed tranny.

The fact that it's a Mopar meaning resell prices drop like a stone is always a plus for cheapskates like myself. You can pick up a 2wd Touring for 10-12K these days. The major problem with these "bargains" seems to be the motor mounts, 4wd drivetrains, & to a lesser extent; electronics.

So, my question is have any of you experienced any undue failures of the mentioned items, or anything else that I should budget for down the road? Thanks much, Ron.

#2 ·
Electrical bugs on early models, front end parts tend to wear out a little faster (and be a little more expensive), and rust around wheel wells, hatch and door seals. They've held up well for their age, but like anything else, they don't forgive neglect. Sadly, most of the ones around here are neglected, which is a shame given how pricey they were new. I had one back in 04, and it was a beautiful/solid car. Shame they don't make them still, because they were well put together. If they had of put a Mercedes badge on them, people wouldn't have questioned a thing given how they were built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.