The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Pacifica P0755

12K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  04anniversaryedition 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm working on a 2004 Pacifica FWD for a friend. He brought it to me with a no start situation. Prior to its arrival it had already received a new PMC, starter and battery. Upon inspection I found the no start situation to be a broken main ground cable to the transmission. After ground repair the car starts and runs just fine. Also after starting I began finding more interesting issues. First the solenoid pack on the front of the transmission had a hole right in the middle of the cover and was spewing out fluid. Replaced the solenoid pack and filled with fluid. After tidying up a few other issues(blown fuse for control relay, other bad grounds) I have just the one P0755 code left and the transmission is in limp mode. I checked across pins 8 and 4 on the solenoid pack and have about 4Ohms resistance. I have also checked continuity between the solenoid and the pcm and the solenoid and the relay. So far everything checks out. Any other ideas on this issue?
Thanks,
Mike

#4 ·
Interesting, the code has to do with either the fuse or the solenoid pack replacement . Maybe you got a bad solenoid pack or a break in the wire because if your solenoid pack is disconnected it would go into limp mode

#5 ·
I did continuity tests on all the wires from the PCM to the solenoid pack and the relay to the solenoid pack. They all test good. I'm assuming the code was not present before the fuse replacement due to it being unable to supply current to test the solenoid pack. At that time it had a p0888. After the fuse replacement it changed to the p0755.

#6 ·
Weird! Tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes or clearing the codes to see if the issue gets resolved? Also have you done a drop and fill with ATF+4 on the tranny yet? Do those and see if that helps in fixing things. Checked the TCM yet?

#7 ·
I did have the battery disconnected while repairing the ground. I also cleared the codes with a scan tool and tried to do a relearn. No luck so far. I'm thinking I might still have a bad ground to the PCM. From what I'm seeing in the diagram the ground comes directly off the battery terminal and then splices down near the pcm. Is this correct? Anybody got pics of where this splice might be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.