The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all. My 2012 T&C Touring L (62TE) was just diagnosed at local stealership for a p0731. Recommending replacement of transmission and flex plate.

Other day after a 3 hour drive in and around the Twin Cities, I noticed a faint metal rattle/ clunking from front drivers side when first accelerating from a stop, and still when already in motion. Parked he at home. Does not happen in P/N. Did load test to check Torque converter. Want grinding like a bad TC would be. Sound for louder on way to the shop. Now it stalls when you put it into gear. It still runs like a top, and besides 1st gear, the transmission still held strong.

Any of y'all had this code on your cans and gotten away without full trannsmission swap?

They want about $4500 for everything....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,067 Posts
Several things might throw that code, one of them being a bad transmission.

You will not find a precise diagnosis in any forum.

You can try a transmission shop, but doubt you get an accurate diagnosis for free.

Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several things might throw that code, one of them being a bad transmission.

You will not find a precise diagnosis in any forum.

You can try a transmission shop, but doubt you get an accurate diagnosis for free.

Good luck.
Thanks Levy. Ya, dealership said flex plate was shot and the transmission itself was needing replacement due to amount of damage to internal components. There goes my extra vacation fund this year. Ha ha. Had local transmission shop here look at it yesterday. Turns out all they did was take it on cty hwy and beat it for 20 minutes. Put the icing on the cake so to speak. Oh well. $3400 out the door for new unit and warranty. Happy 4th y'all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: beretta96
1 - 5 of 5 Posts