The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
[/QUOTE]All vehicles have some kind of warning, nothing new.

If you read owner manual, warranty would be void if you run your engine low on oil or overheated because you have warnings and you should not keep driving your vehicle after you got any of such warning.

Now, 3 quarts low?

Topped it off? I would call it a refill instead!

Glad you joined this forum, keep visiting us often, you'll find it interesting.

What year-model vehicle you have?[/QUOTE]

It's a 2012 SXT with the U-connect that does not connect because it's the lowest version of it. DVD, Sirius but no Bluetooth? DVD is great for keeping the kids quite on long road trips and is one of the main reasons I got it, besides having 3 kids and needing the extra room.

I very quickly realized that I had a leak coming from the oil filter adaptor. I ordered a new one and tore into my induction system.

I'm wishing I just ordered a seal set because that's all it was. Oil seals had lost their elasticity. But ........ I had the new piece so in it went with new induction gaskets too.

There was that much oil around there that it had been getting past the gaskets and there was a lovely gunk layer on the inside of the fuel injection intakes. I used carb cleaner and a flat screw driver to scrape and clean it out. I flushed the injectors with it too.

The motor has never run so good. My avarage mpg had climbed by 2mpg in just a week!

I've got a new seal set and I'm going to clean up the oil filter adaptor I took off and sell it. So if anyone needs one, let me know!

I just fitted all new KYB shocks and struts today too. It feels like a whole new van. The old ones were 127,000 miles old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Following this thread for now. Been having an intermittent P06DD code. 2011 Routan about 94k miles on it now. first time was about 3k miles after last oil change by dealer we bought van from. Codes always kicked in under harder acceleration when the engine ran up past 4k RPM (I cleared and tested a couple times). But it did not throw the code every time, It threw it maybe twice before I got around to doing an oil change. Most times the van just drove great with no code!

So I went ahead and did oil change, switched to Mopar filter, Reset oil change light. Oil level was great honestly, I dont see any indication of oil consumption or leaks.

So I was good for a few weeks after that oil change. Im maybe 500 miles since the oil change now. This week, on Monday and Wednesday morning, the P06DD code tripped while crusing at a comfortable 45-50 mph, around 1500 rpm, with little to no load on the drivetrain (exact same location on the same road each day even). Being under such little load and the code being tripped seemed odd.

Both times van went into limp mode until I shut off and restarted van which seems to be the norm for this code for me (short shifting, 6th gear not engaging). And after that first restart the van drives great, and the codes clear themselves after a few drive cycles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same recurrent issue with my ‘14 town & country. P06DD Code first came on in September after turning the car on for the first time that day and driving it about 5 minutes. About 35-45 mph is when it came on. Got an oil change and made sure they used the right filter. A few weeks went buy and the check engine light came on within about 5 minutes of driving it for the first time that day. Dealer replaced the oil pressure switch/sensor. A few weeks later, same thing, light came on within 5 minutes of driving the car for the first time that day. This was when we were 400 miles away on a college visit for my daughter so I was a little worried when it came on. Had it read out at an Auto Zone and same P06DD code. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the oil pump. That was middle of October and now near the end of November it came on again today. Of course it was within 5 minutes of driving the car for the first time today. I have the Mopar lifetime so it’s not costing much except frustration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a private sale 2017 Caravan and while driving it home , I notice the lack of down shift and that it did not shift to 6th. Engine light on and P06dd code. Dodge tech test drove for 2 minutes and told me I needed a new oil pump. Fortunately, The car had only 56k miles and was covered by warranty . I hope my oil new oil pump lasted longer than what others have experienced.

·
Super Moderator
24,770 Posts
P06DD CHRYSLER - Dual Stage Oil Pump Stuck Low

Drove it for two minutes .......... what for .......... to get an ice cream and some repair work?

Was that an actual Mechanic or the Service Manager?

·
Registered
Town & Country 2011
5 Posts
Same issue here (t&c 2011). CEL light, no downshift. In turned out to be oil filter issues. Previous owner had installed it incorrectly. It was not holding on clips in oil filter cap (black plastic cap).
Rewarding how it can impact pressure. I believe, it not about absolute pressure figures (in my case they were spot on) , but how their are changing (as oil pump is variable one). Too slow/to fast according to some normal patterns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could this error cause the van not to downshift when wanting to accelerate when already in motion?

As I was getting onto a highway yesterday, the engine light came on and didn't notice anything until the next interchange where I tried to get around a tractor trailer that was ahead of me. I stepped on the gas and nothing. I could manually downshift but automatic was not responding. It shifts back to neutral when stopped and into first when I take off from a complete stop. But the P06DD is the only error the system is reading.

Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim, post is a bit old but if your still out there, did you happen to figure out the shifting issue? I have the same issue with it not wanting to down shift and I have a P06DD code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem. From what I have learned, this Apears to be created by the the engine two stage oil pump system. The control module is programmed to maintain a lower oil pressure below 3000 rpm. When the engine exceeds 3000 rpm . The control module signals the oil pump to increase pressure. If the increased oil pressure is not detected, the engine code is triggered and the engine control module will not allow the rpm to increase above 3000 rpm . You will likely experience this if you manually downshift to second or third gear and attempt to exceed 3000 rpm . Apparently the fault somehow triggers the power train control module to restrict the downshift and, in my case, restrict upshift to 5th gear. I.e. The car wont shift to 6th gear.
My problem seems to have been resolved by installing a new oil pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem. From what I have learned, this Apears to be created by the the engine two stage oil pump system. The control module is programmed to maintain a lower oil pressure below 3000 rpm. When the engine exceeds 3000 rpm . The control module signals the oil pump to increase pressure. If the increased oil pressure is not detected, the engine code is triggered and the engine control module will not allow the rpm to increase above 3000 rpm . You will likely experience this if you manually downshift to second or third gear and attempt to exceed 3000 rpm . Apparently the fault somehow triggers the power train control module to restrict the downshift and, in my case, restrict upshift to 5th gear. I.e. The car wont shift to 6th gear.
My problem seems to have been resolved by installing a new oil pump.
Well I replaced the oil pressure switch Yesterday, code gone and shifting like a champ. Drove it around a good bit, wife took it for a drive and it’s reading the code again. However it is shifting just fine, running fine. But still that P06DD code. I’ve read all about the code could be the oil filter, it’s the not the OEM Mopar filter that many have said need to go in it. Might give replacing that a try but I’m just not understanding how the new oil pressure switch fixed the shift issue and wasn’t reading the code for a good 30 miles of driving and then the codes back on.

·
Super Moderator
24,770 Posts
Chrysler Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P06DD
P06DD CHRYSLER - Dual Stage Oil Pump Stuck Low

Chrysler Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P06DD

41 - 50 of 50 Posts