The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a P0520 code. Most likely culprit is the sensor/sender itself right? I have a 2012 3.6L engine.

I see on the service manual that I need to remove the intake. Do I need to buy the gasket set? or are they rubber/reusable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi

I have a P0520 code. Most likely culprit is the sensor/sender itself right? I have a 2012 3.6L engine.

I see on the service manual that I need to remove the intake. Do I need to buy the gasket set? or are they rubber/reusable?

Thanks!
No need to remove the intake, just the engine cover. The intake removal is only necessary for vehicles with the engine mounted longitudinally. On the vans, it is easy to get to from the driver side straight into the valley below the intake. You will need a special socket, though. I used Lisle 13250.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No need to remove the intake, just the engine cover. The intake removal is only necessary for vehicles with the engine mounted longitudinally. On the vans, it is easy to get to from the driver side straight into the valley below the intake. You will need a special socket, though. I used Lisle 13250.

WOW. Very good news! thanks! I even bought that exact socket!

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had to do this to my van - thanks for sharing tie video, was able to do this on the cheap and easy.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to motorcitymechanic.com youtube I was able to change my oil pressure sensor on my 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with 71K miles, without removing the intake. I did learn something while changing it. In the video the mechanic recommend the shorter socket. I did not pay attention, I bought the Lisle 13250 socket mention in post #3 by "sofar". I struggled getting the socket on the sensor. I finally got it on and got the senor out after about 1 hour of trying. Then I tried to hand install the new sensor, but my hand did not fit. Fortunately, my college age son's hand is smaller and he was able to hand start the new sensor for me. Then I could not get the Lisle 13250 socket on the hand tight sensor. I finally gave up after watching the video a couple more times and went out and bought the Lisle 13200 socket. As you can see the 13200 socket is much shorter than the 13250 socket. The oil sensor just fits in the 13200 socket. You can see I had to prevent my extension from inserting fulling into the 13200 socket or it would push the sensor out so the hex on the sensor would not engage the socket. The problem is there are so many wires and hoses in this area that you can not get a straight shot to get the socket on. I hope the other 2 pictures show some of things that prevent you from getting a straight shot. I would expect with the Lisle 13200 socket the entire job would have taken less than 1/2 hour instead of about 1/2 day including travel time to get the 2nd socket.
oil sensor sockets.jpg Oil pressure sensor.jpg clutter in the way.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts