The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like i goofed. appears it twasnt the wheel bearing afterall. all that work and aggravation ('_") for nuthing ARG !. looks to be a bad cv joint. so when pulling these shafts will the trans fluid all leak out in the process ?deos that mean the seals have to be replaced too ? one on the trans and one on the other end right ? I MUST BE CURSED ? thanks

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
967 Posts
It's best to replace axle seals when the axle is swapped, but not required unless they are leaking.

You may lose some ATF, but not much, usually less than a quart. Have a couple quarts handy to top it back off when you're done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as far as these axles are there any tricks for removing them and reinstalling ? i;ve never worked on them before.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also i found an axle at Rock auto. it looks to be the right one, if they send it out and its not the right one. will they take it back and pay the shipping ? anybody ever deal with them before ? any way to find feedback on them ? thanks

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
967 Posts
If it's not right for your vehicle they will take it back and pay for shipping (once got a Wrangler thermostat when ordered for my van). If you ordered the wrong part (ie: you need 2WD driver but bought 4WD driver), you pay for shipping and a small restocking fee. They are a good company.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the axle im looking at doesnt specify if it abs or no abs ? dont know if it really matters. and you cant ask. buit i hate to wait for it and get it and its the wrong one ? and then have to ship it back.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
967 Posts
Most likely it will be an ABS axle. You should be able to install it whether or not you have ABS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts