Any other with the tow package.

Maybe that changed year by year.

Just look at the shocks.

Reactions: Zambee500

·
Registered
192 Posts
It did change with the 2011 refresh...

When you ordered the 'Tow Package', you got the hitch receiver and the 7wire plug, prewired for everything but brake control, and Nivomats.

Since the post I was responding to was a 2016 model, it is irrelevant to go into the depths of what could be optioned on a 2008-2010 RT-body.

You could still get nivomats without the hitch receiver, if you ordered the R/T or GT trim level on the DGC or the 'Touring Suspension' on the mid to high trim levels on the T&C.

But the OP had an SXT, so that would be irrelevant to his question ..
All good information to add to the discussion. Maybe not relevant to the OP or Post #4, but I wouldn't say completely irrelevant. Many people come here and search "Nivomat" and this thread will come up for years into the future. The above is great info for 2011+ owners. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It did change with the 2011 refresh...

When you ordered the 'Tow Package', you got the hitch receiver and the 7wire plug, prewired for everything but brake control, and Nivomats.

Since the post I was responding to was a 2016 model, it is irrelevant to go into the depths of what could be optioned on a 2008-2010 RT-body.

You could still get nivomats without the hitch receiver, if you ordered the R/T or GT trim level on the DGC or the 'Touring Suspension' on the mid to high trim levels on the T&C.

But the OP had an SXT, so that would be irrelevant to his question ..

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what total years the C/V (commercial vehicle) were offered, but they also had all the H/D equipment and suspension - including the Nivomats - that the towing package provided, minus the trailer wiring or hitch.

As to the trailer towing package/hitch issue - for some reason Dodge seemed to be very inconsistent on what this included, varying from vehicle, year to year and model. Many models - Dodge Rams included - did not automatically include the hitch with the towing package. The trailer package was one option code, and the hitch was a separate one - I'm guessing so you could select what class hitch you wanted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I love my nivomats...

I had them on my SRT Charger, and they made a difference there.

On my 2016 DGC, they are essential IMO, when I am carrying 4 teenagers in the back totaling 700lbs.

The nivomats keep the back axle from squatting into the wheel wells, and the headlights on the road...

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback and STAYING ON TOPIC...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I do like the performance of them. They work well. However, I had one fail, probably due to hitting a pothole wrong. They are bloody expensive but I did end up replacing it with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the relevant information!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
While I have a 4th gen Grand Caravan, the concept is the same. While I like their function, mine - like many - had a horrible clunk from needing the bushings replaced. The bushings are not the same as typical shock bushings - they are a cartridge type bushing, like a control arm bushing, and need to be pressed in/out. Only supplier I could find was in Latvia. To be fair, once the bushings were replaced, the Nivomats still worked fine with 325K+ miles on them.

Thank you for your feedback!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I currently have a 2008 limited with 165K on it. After having Nivomats on a previous T&C, it was one of the criteria for my current minivan. I will look for them in my next van.

I had to replace the upper bushings a few years ago as they were completely shot and knocking. The lowers were ok. I ordered the bushings from England and used a hydraulic ram to push them out/in. The Nivomats still work well and have been quiet since. I love that the vehicle levels itself after a little bit of road travel.

I tow 2000 - 3000 lbs and have had a lot of weight (1000 lbs) in the back. I have been happy with their handling in all conditions. The only thing I don't like is their high price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I currently have a 2008 limited with 165K on it. After having Nivomats on a previous T&C, it was one of the criteria for my current minivan. I will look for them in my next van.

I had to replace the upper bushings a few years ago as they were completely shot and knocking. The lowers were ok. I ordered the bushings from England and used a hydraulic ram to push them out/in. The Nivomats still work well and have been quiet since. I love that the vehicle levels itself after a little bit of road travel.

I tow 2000 - 3000 lbs and have had a lot of weight (1000 lbs) in the back. I have been happy with their handling in all conditions. The only thing I don't like is their high price.

Thanks, my van has one good and one back nivomat. I just bought the vehicle so I am unfamiliar with the performance characteristics, and what to expect from the load leveling system. I have driven prior regular suspension, and sport I really liked the sport.

The feedback so far is only positive so I am leaning into just replacing with one new nivomat, instead of swapping all the rear shocks and springs out to something else.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts