The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Chrysler T & C Limited 3.8 fwd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i have a '00 T&C Limited 3.8L...
Well maintained and I'm thinking DIY conversion...any & all advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2019 DGCGT flex fuel, 15K miles.
253 Posts
Welcome to the group!
Youtube has numerous good conversion video's. This one will give you some ideas!

·
3rd gen > all others
3,394 Posts
Welcome. I have one also. If you're in the rust belt, consider replacing the rear brake lines. They usually rust out and blow between the "frame" and the fuel tank, and at the front where the stainless steel braided flex section is joined to the hardline. The stainless front section (under the driver's seat area) causes the regular steel line to rust faster because of dissimilar metals/galvanic corrosion, and the line blows apart during a panic stop. I replaced the front half of my rear lines with coiled steel line from a 96 Grand Caravan, so it flexes without the stainless steel section (they started using the stainless steel line in 97).

I've also added a rear sway bar from a Grand Caravan, a transmission fluid cooler from an early 4th gen van under the front bumper (totally bypassed the radiator and other trans fluid cooler) and swapped in 4th gen van front suspension and brakes, and wheels to clear the bigger (wider) front calipers. They are great vans if you can keep the rust off of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts