The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am at 18900 miles on a 18 month old vehicle. And I do have a contract. It's about due for the second oil change so I will take it in. I worked for this dealer group for 15 years so it shouldn't be a problem. But I doubt if an update I bought direct would be covered by warranty or the service contract.
I just called Chrysler Customer Care and wasted 15 minutes in a chat session. Take it to the dealer was the answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sitting at dealer now and they're saying they have never seen where just the screen goes out and everything works. I did notice that my travel link would not update,could that be the problem? They have been working on the van for an hour and thought it wouldn't take this long but they don't know what the issue is. I only was able to do the system update and the screen went out.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
The saga continues. I received the SD cards and adapter Saturday evening. The software update went well. The map update not well. The map activation code may be the source of my problem. It took two attempts and then I think the code was loaded to my SD map card per the instructions. I started the map update yesterday and ran it for 3 hours. It showed PND complete after a few minutes then showed "Reading..." for 3 hours. I aborted and called HERE this morning. A very nice lady helped me with the problem. One question I had was why the emailed the activation code when it was supposed to be written to the SD card per their instructions. She told me I should get a screen to enter that number on the unit in the car. I have never seen that screen. I attempted to load the maps this morning and after 30 minutes or so got a message that update had failed and to contact chrysler or the dealer. I called HERE a second time and was told by another lady that they don't do tech support and that I should take it to the dealer. I hate to do that even though I was a MOPAR Parts Manager for 20 years with 20 more years in the MOPAR trenches. In the experience of those who have got this to work did the activation code write to the SD card or did you have to input it manually? This is pretty frustrating for someone who has built computers for 15 years.
Playing dumb has worked well for me over the years. " I don't know what happened, the radio just started acting weird".

Let them tell you it needs a radio and replace it under warranty.
New unit should be up to date, mine appears to be......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am at 18900 miles on a 18 month old vehicle. And I do have a contract. It's about due for the second oil change so I will take it in. I worked for this dealer group for 15 years so it shouldn't be a problem. But I doubt if an update I bought direct would be covered by warranty or the service contract.
I just called Chrysler Customer Care and wasted 15 minutes in a chat session. Take it to the dealer was the answer.
We have the same mileage but mine is older I guess I don't ride as much as I should..lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Waiting to see what the dealer does for you Nolanine. Everything on mine still works, I just can't update the Nav. The nav still works as well as everything else.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Same thing here. The software update went fine, the map updates no good. I followed the process below:

took sd card with map update and plugged into radio and did update map.
got indicator that my current versions were being written to the card. That was successful.
put card into PC and went to chryslergroup.navigation.com/garminactive and ran through that process. Got screen that showed my activation number.
Put card back into van, messages comes up reading files for about 15 minutes, get a PND update complete, click OK, then it goes out of update mode and back to radio and I never get any indication of map update failure or success.
Called Here today and got front line who basically said to go to dealer, told them no and got case escalted up and a case number. Lots of people on jeep forum having same issue.

Very frustrating. ChryslerCares, can you dig into this behind the scenes and try to get us some help?

I never got a prompt to enter the activation code nor do the instructions ever say that such a screen will appear. My understanding is it is written to the card and the update should pick it up.
Hi gltaylor74,
Let me look into this for you guys! Thanks for all of the information. I'll let you know what I find out!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I spoke with garmin support yesterday who said they have been getting lots of calls about this and lots are just returning the update for refunds. In mine it doesn't look like there is any information being written to the ad card like the activation codes and such.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It would seem to me that when they correct the error they should just send a second Maps card to each purchaser. Less expensive for them than doing returns and re shipping all the pieces.

·
Registered
41 Posts
More info. I refused to give up on this. I contacted Chrysler by e-mail and got a reply a month later. They said they would call me. They did so today and forward the call to tech support. Who told me they could not help with a 430N. Thanks, by.
In the meantime I had e-mailed Garmin support. They replied today asking me to reply if specific files were on the SD card. They were not. They just replied again with the information that the website that was supposed to write the updated files to the cards after they were mailed out and verified did not do so. They have engineers hand writing the files and they will be e-mailed to me so I can install them on the card and then transfer them to the unit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
pretty obvious they did a great job on the quality assurance testing for these updates isn't it. I also have a case with garmin support and am waiting also for an update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope you both get the updates soon. I received my new radio and returned my update package and got a refund. Don't think I will be updating the new one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You might want to make sure the update is installed. The procedure is to use exchange units for radio's, computers, etc. It could have been on the shelf at the exchange facility before the update was released.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
More info. I refused to give up on this. I contacted Chrysler by e-mail and got a reply a month later. They said they would call me. They did so today and forward the call to tech support. Who told me they could not help with a 430N. Thanks, by.
In the meantime I had e-mailed Garmin support. They replied today asking me to reply if specific files were on the SD card. They were not. They just replied again with the information that the website that was supposed to write the updated files to the cards after they were mailed out and verified did not do so. They have engineers hand writing the files and they will be e-mailed to me so I can install them on the card and then transfer them to the unit.
I’m glad to see you’re not giving up on this.
It’s clear they know they have a problem; they need someone (YOU) to keep pressuring them to get a fix out there.

Please keep us posted.

Reactions: jm70
101 - 120 of 138 Posts