The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I wasn't able to find a van in the corn but.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered the update for my 2014 T&C on July 10. And got an emailed confirmation. After waiting some time I contacted Here to inquire about the status and received no reply. On 7/27 I got notice of a ship confirmation with a space for a Fedex tracking number and a link. But there was no tracking number. Today I received the invoice. All these documents show shipped on 7/10. 18 days to get this item seems extreme. I have again today contacted Here via the Chrysler website. Any ideas?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I wasn't able to find a van in the corn but.....

Figures that there is an Ohio Plate on this car! :nut: Guess he could not see that he or she was Headed for a Corn Field! Unfortuantely, seems too Normal for Many Ohio Drivers! :blink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ordered the updates for my 2014 last week but haven't got any shipping info yet. I called here and was told they were back ordered due to low stock and that mine was shipping out yesterday. I haven't recieved any info of it having shipped as of yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got a reply via email today. Said it was shipped today and provided a tracking number. The trace shows it was shipped on 7/26 and was in Ms today. At least a reply and some info even if it is conflicting like all the rest.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I received my update disks...yes disks...a few days ago. Not the USB drives I thought I would get. So I'll get to this in the next couple of days and give an update.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So i started the process...there are two disks, a dvd for updating radio software which only took about 15 minutes. I then proceeded to the navigation disk after that. Instructions say the screen will show..."Proceed with Update from (example) US Q206 502 to US Q107****. Interestingly, mind said " Proceed with Update from NONE, NO SOFTWARE to US********"...really odd. So so that's why my navigation was so bad...i never really had it?

Any thoughts on this? Just curious.

John

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Thanks for all of the updates on this update.
I find it strange in this day and age they are still sending out DVD's?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Got my update kit yesterday for the rhb 430n in my 2014. Mine has 2 sd cards with a USB adapter . The first has a new firmware version 50. 01 and gps 5.11. Haven't been able to do map update yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I curious to know what level the map updates to and if the cards will work on multiple vehicles????

·
Registered
119 Posts
The maps there is a process where you have to first put the map card into the van and it reads all of your versions and what map you have. Then you go to a site to activate it and it downloads garmin software to your pc to read the card and if I understand writes the code to the card and update the maps if there is a newer version. The activation code requires your unit Id so I don't think it can pass around since it wants your unique unit id. It updated my Gps, audio, grace notes, text, firmware versions and model was rhb13 and now says rhb15 . Hope to try maps today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GPS garmin update 2013 model TC

The maps there is a process where you have to first put the map card into the van and it reads all of your versions and what map you have. Then you go to a site to activate it and it downloads garmin software to your pc to read the card and if I understand writes the code to the card and update the maps if there is a newer version. The activation code requires your unit Id so I don't think it can pass around since it wants your unique unit id. It updated my Gps, audio, grace notes, text, firmware versions and model was rhb13 and now says rhb15 . Hope to try maps today.

I tried to update my gps tonight with the SD cards and my system is not working. The GPS is not on my sirius is not updated and my signals don't alert me when a car is close on my sides or when backing up. All I did was insert the SD card with the adapter in the usb port followed the guideline it reboot twice but nothing after that. Can someone help me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
GPS navigation 2013 TC

I tried this update tonight and it shut my gps off and my alert signals off. I did what the guidelines said and it reboot twice but did not restart. Can someone help?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I curious to know what level the map updates to and if the cards will work on multiple vehicles????
I was shocked at the DVDs too. A bit antiquated but it worked. My issue is that the information is still pretty crappy. I did several chores around town to test the level of accuracy and found out that the software does not know about several things it should...a post office that has been in the same place for years, for one thing, is not in the database. My home address (built in 2009) doesn't show up. The software takes the longest routes and ABSOLUTELY requires you take freeways even though you are right around the corner of your destination...literally takes you miles out of the way to get you to a freeway. If I hit "avoid freeways" it could be worse...specially on an actual trip. Not sure what to do.

"A fool and his money will soon be parted"

John

·
Registered
41 Posts
The saga continues. I received the SD cards and adapter Saturday evening. The software update went well. The map update not well. The map activation code may be the source of my problem. It took two attempts and then I think the code was loaded to my SD map card per the instructions. I started the map update yesterday and ran it for 3 hours. It showed PND complete after a few minutes then showed "Reading..." for 3 hours. I aborted and called HERE this morning. A very nice lady helped me with the problem. One question I had was why the emailed the activation code when it was supposed to be written to the SD card per their instructions. She told me I should get a screen to enter that number on the unit in the car. I have never seen that screen. I attempted to load the maps this morning and after 30 minutes or so got a message that update had failed and to contact chrysler or the dealer. I called HERE a second time and was told by another lady that they don't do tech support and that I should take it to the dealer. I hate to do that even though I was a MOPAR Parts Manager for 20 years with 20 more years in the MOPAR trenches. In the experience of those who have got this to work did the activation code write to the SD card or did you have to input it manually? This is pretty frustrating for someone who has built computers for 15 years.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
The saga continues. I received the SD cards and adapter Saturday evening. The software update went well. The map update not well. The map activation code may be the source of my problem. It took two attempts and then I think the code was loaded to my SD map card per the instructions. I started the map update yesterday and ran it for 3 hours. It showed PND complete after a few minutes then showed "Reading..." for 3 hours. I aborted and called HERE this morning. A very nice lady helped me with the problem. One question I had was why the emailed the activation code when it was supposed to be written to the SD card per their instructions. She told me I should get a screen to enter that number on the unit in the car. I have never seen that screen. I attempted to load the maps this morning and after 30 minutes or so got a message that update had failed and to contact chrysler or the dealer. I called HERE a second time and was told by another lady that they don't do tech support and that I should take it to the dealer. I hate to do that even though I was a MOPAR Parts Manager for 20 years with 20 more years in the MOPAR trenches. In the experience of those who have got this to work did the activation code write to the SD card or did you have to input it manually? This is pretty frustrating for someone who has built computers for 15 years.
I tried this update tonight and it shut my gps off and my alert signals off. I did what the guidelines said and it reboot twice but did not restart. Can someone help?

Sorry to hear you both are having so much trouble. I have never done any radio updates myself.
I know the dealer had trouble with mine just updating the basic radio software. The travel link crashed after and they had to replace it (under warranty).
If you get a good experienced dealer tech to do it or if they can get support from the STAR center you may have a fighting chance..

PS: do either of you still have warranty coverage factory or extended?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same thing here. The software update went fine, the map updates no good. I followed the process below:

took sd card with map update and plugged into radio and did update map.
got indicator that my current versions were being written to the card. That was successful.
put card into PC and went to chryslergroup.navigation.com/garminactive and ran through that process. Got screen that showed my activation number.
Put card back into van, messages comes up reading files for about 15 minutes, get a PND update complete, click OK, then it goes out of update mode and back to radio and I never get any indication of map update failure or success.
Called Here today and got front line who basically said to go to dealer, told them no and got case escalted up and a case number. Lots of people on jeep forum having same issue.

Very frustrating. ChryslerCares, can you dig into this behind the scenes and try to get us some help?

I never got a prompt to enter the activation code nor do the instructions ever say that such a screen will appear. My understanding is it is written to the card and the update should pick it up.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts