The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts
I have found new roads and on/off ramps that are not in there. We were also looking for a restaurant on there and it was not listed because it was too new.

I have two portable Garmins, one of which has lifetime updates but I much prefer the my in dash unit.

And yes I will have to pay to update the navi system. :)

Reactions: UN4GTBL
I am also waiting to buy the map updates. We have a garmin standalone unit and while relatively cheap they are a hassle in my book. Got to run cords for power, stick it to windshield, pull it down when you get out so it doesn't get stolen, takes forever to connect to the satellite, low volume and hard to see, etc, and the phones are worse than that for long trips. I'm much happier with the built in nav and will be going on a few big trips this year, so would like the maps to be up to date. I probably will only update it though when going on big trips where I'm not familiar with the area, not every year. Was hoping Chrysler Cares would have some info for us on the release for the 430N systems for us.

I have never updated either one of the MyGIGs our vehicles have.

The RHB in the van "reminds" us from time to time that we need new maps lol.

There are a few roads around here that have been slightly re-done since the maps were made, so we are constantly "off-road" near our house.

I am also waiting to buy the map updates. We have a garmin standalone unit and while relatively cheap they are a hassle in my book. Got to run cords for power, stick it to windshield, pull it down when you get out so it doesn't get stolen, takes forever to connect to the satellite, low volume and hard to see, etc, and the phones are worse than that for long trips. I'm much happier with the built in nav and will be going on a few big trips this year, so would like the maps to be up to date. I probably will only update it though when going on big trips where I'm not familiar with the area, not every year. Was hoping Chrysler Cares would have some info for us on the release for the 430N systems for us.
Yesterday I sent a note to the Chrysler Navi site asking about this update. No reply as of yet.

I spoke to the UConnect team and FCA has partnered up with HERE to supply all navigation updates. You can get in contact with HERE by calling 1 (866)462-8837.

SO... Now the update site shows May as the next projected date.
Also they have yet to get back to me from the inquiry I sent them over 2 weeks ago.:eekkkk:

We have 2 trips in June, a 1,000 and a 3,000 miler.
In August were are planning on another 5,000 miler, it sure would nice to be up to date.....

We have 2 trips in June, a 1,000 and a 3,000 miler.
In August were are planning on another 5,000 miler, it sure would nice to be up to date.....
Hopefully in May. Got customers wanting to spend money on the product but can't do it.
1994 Sport & gltaylor74,
I am still working on getting something more concrete for you guys. I appreciate your patience with this.

Reactions: 1994 Sport
Thank you.
Hey 1994 Sport & gltaylor74,
I was alerted that there is a tentative production launch targeted for the first week in May . I’ll get in contact with the launch team once it gets closer to see if I can provide an update.

Reactions: 1994 Sport
Forgive me if I don't sound thankful for the update but I'll believe it when I see it actually happen. It's been more than a year that this update has been "coming next month"

The radio update TSB list is and ongoing saga.
It started with 08-057-12 that went to a Rev.A, then 08-061-13, 08-086-14 and its Rev.A
Now as of April its 08-038-15.
Maybe the navi updates will require the dealers to update the radios first..:confused:

That Jeep site is great for posting these TSB. I just google the TSB # and they are the first thing that comes up.:thumb:

Reactions: slkfis and UN4GTBL
I wonder if the navigation software update is included as a part of the map updates and that is why the delay? I saw someone on a YouTube video updating their maps and it seems to update a lot of things. No idea though since I've never done one of these before.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.