The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the chrome side moldings on the 2013 t&c are held on by just molding tape or clipped in as well?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
505 Posts
Which chrome moldings are you referring to, the chrome strip which is right under the windows or the chrome strip which is at tire level?

The one by windows pop up and out, held in by clips, the front piece in front of the mirror is a pain to remove. Edit: Removing these will bend them, the clips are very strong, when something crashes into you the piece will break before the clips do.

The chrome strips at tire level are glued on, I don't suggest grabbing a corner and pulling as you will bend/damage the strip (Yes, I have done this). To remove these, I suggest some sort of a long knife or special tool of some sort. I'd cut as close to the strip as possible, then carefully clear away the remaining glue/residue on the doors left over.
Edit: I don't know about the chrome on the front and rear bumpers, if you have that.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tip: Adhesive trim can be separated from paint with monofilament fishing line after softening with heat gun/hair dryer/strong sun on hot day. If successful, avoids scratching with tool. Patience, move slowly!

·
Super Moderator
24,386 Posts
Takes a little work.

Reactions: Michalb
1 - 4 of 4 Posts