The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no low beams but parking lights on that upper switch work fine. High beams are fine! Bulbs look good,checked filament continuity checked 40 amp fuse (lamps) under hood, checked both 10amp headlight fuses under dash and it all looks good. Got dark so did'nt check lamp sockets for power. Tomorrow morning! My guess is the switch. Ordered a nice used one. If no socket power, it's the switch, if there is, I'll buy bulbs! Somewhere I read that there's a relay under the dash. If anybody knows jump in! Will update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have no low beams but parking lights on that upper switch work fine. High beams are fine! Bulbs look good,checked filament continuity checked 40 amp fuse (lamps) under hood, checked both 10amp headlight fuses under dash and it all looks good. Got dark so did'nt check lamp sockets for power. Tomorrow morning! My guess is the switch. Ordered a nice used one. If no socket power, it's the switch, if there is, I'll buy bulbs! Somewhere I read that there's a relay under the dash. If anybody knows jump in! Will update.
Checked the headlight socket and NO JUICE! Guess it's the switch. It has felt funky for a while. If there is a headlight relay I can check, someone tell me where it is!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the headlight socket and NO JUICE! Guess it's the switch. It has felt funky for a while. If there is a headlight relay I can check, someone tell me where it is!
Well the diagnosis is complete! Thanks to Tony(Auto tech at just answer.com) I found the headlight relays! They are above the underdash fuseblock . To get to them remove the kickplate under the steering column and on the left side you'll see a steal plate held on by 4 screws. Remove the plate and you'll see them in upper right hand corner.2 side by side. You can feel them "click" when you push the headlight switch. Mine are fine. Therefore the switch is the most likely culprit! Thank you Tony for the good Intel! Peace

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the diagnosis is complete! Thanks to Tony(Auto tech at just answer.com) I found the headlight relays! They are above the underdash fuseblock . To get to them remove the kickplate under the steering column and on the left side you'll see a steal plate held on by 4 screws. Remove the plate and you'll see them in upper right hand corner.2 side by side. You can feel them "click" when you push the headlight switch. Mine are fine. Therefore the switch is the most likely culprit! Thank you Tony for the good Intel! Peace
UPDATE!! So I took the two headlight relays out and cleaned the pins with acetone and lubed'em with electrolytic greese and put'em back in. Voila! Headlights! Geeze Louise! ****, I needed a new switch anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts