The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I acquired a 2011 Grand Caravan recently and decided to swap out the cabin air filter. Pulled it out and a ton of debris came with it and leaving behind a bunch of stuff. I vacuumed out the assembly that holds the filter and the blower below it and then replaced the filter. Now there’s a loud vibration noise coming from under the dash on the drivers side. I’m guessing that some debris I missed was sucked into an airbox. How can I clean it all out? Do I or can I run A vacuum hose through the system or will o need to take out the dash to get to it just to clean it?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
So I acquired a 2011 Grand Caravan recently and decided to swap out the cabin air filter. Pulled it out and a ton of debris came with it and leaving behind a bunch of stuff. I vacuumed out the assembly that holds the filter and the blower below it and then replaced the filter. Now there’s a loud vibration noise coming from under the dash on the drivers side. I’m guessing that some debris I missed was sucked into an airbox. How can I clean it all out? Do I or can I run A vacuum hose through the system or will o need to take out the dash to get to it just to clean it?
Thank you!

That mouse, that was building its nest next to your filter, has now moved further west. :)

Don't know what to tell you. That's a new one. You could take out your filter and blow some air back through your vents. Perhaps one of the door (flaps) motors is acting up.

There's an HVAC Calibration procedure available for previous generations but I'm not aware of one for the 5th Generation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts