The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 3.8
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought an 06 Town and Country, our old T&W was getting pretty rusty.
The rusty van had a aftermarket bolt on receiver, I switch it over to our new to us, van, that all went fine.
The problem is when I tried the reinstall the old bolts into the leaf spring rear mount on the rusty van they would only go in so far. I tried everything I could think of but could only get one in and i broke one in the mount, and 2 of the other bolts snapped. After thinking about it I think the bolts had stretched and that's why I could not get then in all the way. I've tried to find what bolts I need with no luck. The bolt on receiver had spacers, I'm not sure if spacer is the correct term they were just like a 1/4 " piece of steel that went between the leaf spring mount and the bolt. When trying to reinstall them it was about a 1/4" that the boult would stop threading in at. That's why I figure they must have stretched. Where can I find these bolts? Does anyone know the size I need? My other question is, one broke off inside the threads, I don't think an easyout will do the trick, what do I do? Also can I just weld the mount?
Thank you for any insight, in advance.

·
fix it if you can
5,220 Posts
Welcome aboard,
you need:
p/n 06503858
SCREW AND WASHER, Hex
Head, M10x1.50x35
Front Hanger, Mounting
Rear Hanger, Mounting

Unlikely that bolts stretched that much without breaking, more likely rusty "top end" of the bolt messed up the first few threads (try tapping the threads again) or the bolts are just too long - measure if they match the parts spec.

The one that broke in the mount, if you can weld a nut to the end of it you can back it out. Otherwise it's drilling and chasing the threads...

Welding that suspension together is not recommended - welds must be of extremely good quality and protected from corrosion or they'll crack and fall apart (it's a stress point) and if it ever needs to come apart you'll be looking for new van.

·
Registered
06 3.8
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information, I will update on my progress.
Again your input is very much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts