The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 GC with the dark gray seats. I'm looking for the center console that attaches to the floor in between the front seats. I've seen a few different styles but not set on one specific kind. I think this van would have had the smaller one that does not connect to the center stack with radio and ac controls. Either way, let me know what you have (pic are nice). I'm in the metro detroit area so local pickup would be nice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
511 Posts
Well, for 08-10 years there are 2 offered consoles:
-The basic console which is small and plastic,
-The premium console which the top slides backwards, has swing out hinged doors for hiding things in, and a power outlet inside.

The console you speak of that connects to the dash was introduced in 2011, and was available to present day.

The premium console will require cutting the carpet and bolting down the console base piece, it rattles a lot but it does have more, better storage space then the base console.

The base console slides into where the stow and go doors meet the carpet, then inserts into where the hole for the jack lowering mechanism is, then the cover and hold down piece for the jack goes onto pf that. This will be the easiest thing to do, lots of base consoles out there.

This is the base console 2008 2009 2010 DODGE CARAVAN FRONT CENTER FLOOR CONSOLE OEM 54448 | eBay

This is the premium console

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the details. The base looks smaller than the clear plastic bin we use now, but the premium look like something useful (extra cup holders and storage.) Not so sure I want to be cutting carpet so I'll have to think about it a bit more.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
511 Posts
Thanks for the details. The base looks smaller than the clear plastic bin we use now, but the premium look like something useful (extra cup holders and storage.) Not so sure I want to be cutting carpet so I'll have to think about it a bit more.
Yeah I was quite discouraged myself with the "cutting part" otherwise, all the ones in the junkyard I've seen all rattle like crazy, I cannot imagine driving on the highways with it just rattling.

The base you can find pretty much everywhere, the premium ones are a lot harder to find.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my wife, who wanted the center console said no to cutting the carpet so I guess I'll start looking at universal consoles that can be put in between the seats. She indicated the primary purpose for her is more cup holders. I'll see what I can find.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
2013 Dodge GC, 2012 Chrysler T&C , 2005 Dodge Durango , 2003 Mercury Mountaineer, 2002 Ford Exp.
14 Posts
I have a premium console I could sell you. Its greystone. It came in our 2012 T&C touring L.

We purchased the super console and put it in ours, the one that intergrates into the dash. We have the super console in our 2013 Dodge GC and loved it, so we wanted the same in the T&C.

The premium console does offer tons of space and multiple cupholders. One thing ppl love about it, its made to be removable, so you can slide it out, off the base, if you want to haul long boards, open up the front for pass through, etc.

Not sure if you would have to cut the carpet, our swap from the premium to super console was plug and play......a nighmare to get to the bolts, but smooth sailing thereafter, lol!

It's not a big deal to cut the carpet a bit. Its standard to make cuts for modifications, same thing they would do if you took it to a custom shop :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts