The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
396 Posts
My girlfriend loved cars. Like me she grew up playing with Tonka trucks, Matchbox cars, and Hot Wheels. Though when we met she couldn't understand my love of NASCAR until she started watching races with me on TV. She became a big Dale Earnhardt fan and was devastated by his death.

In 2004 her dad was having a 1983 Ford van converted for wheelchair use for her. One day her dad came over and said they were getting ready to re-install the exhaust, he asked her what she wanted. She said "I want it to sound like James' van."

At the time I drove a 1979 Ford E150 with an Edelbrock duel plane intake manifold, and 600cfm 4 barrel carb, Dynomax ceramic coated headers, and three inch Flow Master exhaust.

Her dad said "I'll see what I can do." She didn't get new intake or headers but he did install a nice Flow Master muffler. The van made her very happy. Sadly she passed away a month or so after she got the van.

·
Loveably weird
324 Posts
You're welcome.

We used to have a teacher where I work who loved to argue, pick a subject, it didn't matter. I have no idea how his wife puts up with it.
At least you didn't have to pay him.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge GC, 2012 Chrysler T&C , 2005 Dodge Durango , 2003 Mercury Mountaineer, 2002 Ford Exp.
14 Posts
My girlfriend loved cars. Like me she grew up playing with Tonka trucks, Matchbox cars, and Hot Wheels. Though when we met she couldn't understand my love of NASCAR until she started watching races with me on TV. She became a big Dale Earnhardt fan and was devastated by his death.

In 2004 her dad was having a 1983 Ford van converted for wheelchair use for her. One day her dad came over and said they were getting ready to re-install the exhaust, he asked her what she wanted. She said "I want it to sound like James' van."

At the time I drove a 1979 Ford E150 with an Edelbrock duel plane intake manifold, and 600cfm 4 barrel carb, Dynomax ceramic coated headers, and three inch Flow Master exhaust.

Her dad said "I'll see what I can do." She didn't get new intake or headers but he did install a nice Flow Master muffler. The van made her very happy. Sadly she passed away a month or so after she got the van.
Sorry for my abrupt departure, we own a business and had an issue with a customer, then I never did get a chance to get back on last night.....with a husband, 5 kiddos and 3 cats to raise and a business to run, that happens alot, lol!

I'm so very sorry to hear that you lost your girlfriend. It sounds as though you have some fond memories of great times shared.

It's awesome when you share some interests with your significant other, it adds to the relationship and the bond.

My husband introduced me to the world of football. We starting dating when we were very young, Jr high. I was a cheerleader, but never really understood all that was involved in the sport and didn't really care......I was there to cheer, the game was the guys responsibility, Lol!

It wasn't until after we were married that I really got interested in the fine details. He taught me all the rules, strategic aspects, plays, etc. I have loved it every since!
I'm at least as big a football fan as he is, maybe bigger. I wait in suspense all year for the fall.

We have a very fun rivalry in our home. We are a house divided. I'm a huge Auburn fan and he is a die hard Bama fan. Our children are split, 2 Auburn, 2 Bama.......we are still waiting to see with the baby, she's only 2. For now, I dress her in both teams. I painted her face half and half last year for the iron bowl. She runs around the house yelling " War tide!" and "Roll eagle!", which is the 2 team chants/war calls combined, in case your not familiar with SEC football.

I'm disappointed that it looks as though college sports will be drastically different this year due to covid. But, the health of all involved is most important, so whatever they have to do to ensure the students and coaches safety, I will participate with minimal grumbling and complaints :)

·
Registered
2013 Dodge GC, 2012 Chrysler T&C , 2005 Dodge Durango , 2003 Mercury Mountaineer, 2002 Ford Exp.
14 Posts
That's how my wife is: I take care of the cars and let her what's been done and show her interesting things. She's into crafting, scrapbooking, decorating, and cooking/baking and has found forums and Facebook groups for those (plus Pinterest). Welcome to the forum!
Hello and thank you for your warm welcome!

I love scrapbooking, crafts and decor as well! Both of my oldest daughters, 19 and 17, enjoy crafts also. We do paper crafts, embroidery, sew, crocheting, needlefelting, etc.

My daughters are both very talented artists.They draw, paint, do mixed media arts and photography also.

I love to cook too, and having a large family, its a good thing that I don't mind being in the kitchen, lol!

Pinterest is my fave place for inspiration. It is a world of creativity!

But, my heart lies in literature.....I'm a huge bookworm. Our home is filled with books! My hubby has built in bookcases in every space feasible, lol! He has tried to convert me to a digital reader, has purchased a few different types of ereaders, all to no avail. I'm a physical reader, a page flipper.

It is great to get to know everyone here. I am enjoying the site, the conversation and becoming a bit more auto savvy :)

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
396 Posts
What do you like to read?

My physical book collection is huge, but I also have a large number of ebooks. I like sitting in my front yard with my ebook reader after work on warm days.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts