The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to best clean the Pacifica center console cover, and is it removable?
Any suggestions?
If it's easily removable, that would be ideal so we can clean it in the sink.
Thanks

·
Registered
07 Grand Caravan (3.3L), 14 Dart SXT (2.0L)
169 Posts
I would use a soft bristle brush combined with a vacuum. Usually tape the brush to my shop vac and get at it. Afterward, wipe down the slots with a paper towel and dish soap to get the sticky grunge out.

Reactions: GoBananas

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had already tried that and it didn't do so well. The grandkids got some really sticky stuff in there, then they opened and closed it getting it in everywhere. Ugh!

Anyone know if by chance the top part of the console comes apart/off for better cleaning?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks, I had already tried that and it didn't do so well. The grandkids got some really sticky stuff in there, then they opened and closed it getting it in everywhere. Ugh!

Anyone know if by chance the top part of the console comes apart/off for better cleaning?
Tried doing some searching online but couldn't find anything about removing that top cover(maybe its called something special). Seems like you would have to go through the pain of cleaning each individual slot with dish soap and a scrubber/paper towels :/

Reactions: GoBananas

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
489 Posts
Try using Q-tips for cleaning the slots. I use them for cleaning the nooks and crevices in our cars. Dab them in some sort of cleaner and then a dry one to finish it off.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
967 Posts
Purple power works wonders for cleaning my tan interior. Might want to dilute it for black though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Purple power works wonders for cleaning my tan interior. Might want to dilute it for black though.
Be careful with that though! It discolored the black interior on my Dart's dashboard(on a small test area).

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
967 Posts
Figured it might. That's why I suggested diluting it. Definitely possible to grey black at full strength. I use it full strength on my tan. Gets everything from axle grease to Coke.

Reactions: TechiePocket1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts