The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Grand Caravan w/ touchscreen. Bluetooth phone calls work fine. If I select the Bluetooth input on my radio I can hear Alexa and Google Maps from my phone, but if I am listening to the FM radio I cannot hear Alexa or Google Maps. How do I get them to play over the top of the radio?

System Information says I am running Application v30.01.11. Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates says no update is available for my VIN.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited
163 Posts
Bluetooth different “modes” for Handsfree “HFP” and audio streaming “A2DP” the radio recognizes the HFP protocol from the phone when you make a call and automatically switches over to the “Phone input” the Google maps etc Appears to be using A2DP which the headunit doesn’t automatically switch to.
I understand there is a setting in your phone that allows google maps to use HFP rather than A2DP.
Who can would allow the radio to automatically switch over.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited
163 Posts
I’m guessing your using an android phone if so there is an app that will do it for you

I have not tried it or have any further information about it but it looks like it may help your situation.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
840 Posts
Yeah unfortunately it's not that advanced to do that, you could try what Saabman has suggested, that would work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts