The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How do I fold down back seat head restraints?

39K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Me&TC20 
#1 ·
Just bought 2014 Limited. It has those head restraints that seem to be permanently installed. I want to fold them down for better rear view. However, I don't see any release buttons on them and when I just pull forward on them real hard they won't budge but the top section of the seat pulls forward and I am afraid that I will break something. I looked under the upholstery and there seems to be a 'joint' under there. Is there something more to do than just pull forward? Thanks

#16 ·
There are pull cords on the outboard top corner of each side of the seat that fold the headrests down.

You can see the white arrow on the driver's side seat in this pic as it's in the "tailgate seating" position.

Maybe I am overlooking something, but in spite of yanking these arrowed straps, I still can seem to get the third row middle headrest on my 2014 Town & Country Touring to fold or retract. Wondering if it might just be broken...:unsure:

#3 ·
Thank you. I found the pull tabs on the 3rd row seats but I cannot find anything on 2nd row seats. The manual says "The non-adjustable head restraint and seatback will fold automatically during the seat tumble. No additional actuation is necessary." Does 'non-adjustable head restraint' mean that 2nd row seat head restraints cannot be folded down? These are non-powered seats.

#5 ·
My 2014 has manual 2nd row. When I fold them down the head restraint folds down. When I put the seats up it stays folded down. I have to manually raise the head restraints. You could just leave them down. I don't know how to lower them without starting to "store" the whole seat.

#10 ·
And that makes sense, I get it. It's also subjective. Being overly verbose or spatially inefficient may or may not bug any given person.

#11 ·
LD, were you able to figure out your headrests?

As stated above, all you have to do is pull up on the handle, let the seat rotate forward & up enough to allow the headrest to flip down, re-engage the bottom seat latches so its secured down again, flip up the backrest, GTG.

#12 ·
Yep. Folded seats down today. The seats kind of take flight when that side handle is lifted. Seems like hands could be pinched when the seat starts folding but all is good now. Thanks so much for all the helpful comments and pictures. Much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.