The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My name is Jared and I just became the owner of 2000 T&C Limited with 103000 miles. We had our first child in October and my 92 Silverado suffered an engine failure just before he was born. So ever since my wife went back to work in December we've been doing what I call the "one car shuffle" with our 2015 Honda Fit, getting everyone to 2 jobs and daycare everyday with one vehicle has been fun. The Fit is a great little car, but anytime we've packed up ourselves, our son, and our dog to go visit family it's been "fun" getting everything into the car, so we decided to try to find a van.

Yesterday we finally found one. It only has 103,000 miles and has been very well maintained, other than a few minor cosmetic defects (like a saggy headliner) it pretty much looks like a new van.

I try do all of our vehicle repairs on my own with the exception of the really big jobs, so I was glad to find this message board. It looks like it's got a lot of great resources.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very good choice for a family van. I owned the same model before. You won't be disappointed. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My dad has had 2 of the 2000 town and country. One was 3.8 and one was the 3.3 I think. The 3.8 was the better van of the 2. His 3.3 had insane oil leak woes. He bought both second hand but they were both one owners prior with maintenance history. Put some staples in the headliner and roll out! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all!

My name is Jared and I just became the owner of 2000 T&C Limited with 103000 miles. We had our first child in October and my 92 Silverado suffered an engine failure just before he was born. So ever since my wife went back to work in December we've been doing what I call the "one car shuffle" with our 2015 Honda Fit, getting everyone to 2 jobs and daycare everyday with one vehicle has been fun. The Fit is a great little car, but anytime we've packed up ourselves, our son, and our dog to go visit family it's been "fun" getting everything into the car, so we decided to try to find a van.

Yesterday we finally found one. It only has 103,000 miles and has been very well maintained, other than a few minor cosmetic defects (like a saggy headliner) it pretty much looks like a new van.

I try do all of our vehicle repairs on my own with the exception of the really big jobs, so I was glad to find this message board. It looks like it's got a lot of great resources.

I hear ya Jared, these vans are really cool as long as you take care of them, you should take the roof rack off it’s only 10 screws and put silicone all around the holes where the screws go in and put it back on, that’ll stop your headliner from falling down all the way, that’s normally where the leaks are. Hey do they have waffle house where you live? I want me some waffle house and some Krystal burger or White Castle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts