The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Had my first issue with a 3.3 today.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  atoman 
#1 ·
15K on my 07 3.3 and it's in the shop for engine disassembly and diagnosis. About three days ago it starting whining loud enough to rattle the dash. Sounds like a PS pump only MUCH worse and it's still there with the belt and dampener pulley removed. The tech's suspicious of the oil pump which lives in the front timing cover.

Oh well...I've done hundreds of thousands of miles on this motor design with never an issue.

#2 ·
Wish you well with fixing the 3.3. Don't hear about many problems with that engine.
Hope you weren't using a Fram oil filter .... just thought I would add that. :cool:

#4 ·
It turns out it wasn’t much worse then any of the other new units. It went 140k miles without an issue until totaled by a county deputy who didn’t slow down for a construction zone.

There went my lifetime warranty...insurance company wouldn’t discuss it. I found a cherry replacement 05 SXT with 57k on it...doesn’t hurt quite as bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.