The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

GPS update for Europe

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Disco_commando 
#1 ·
I have exchanged my 2007 Chrysler for a very low mileage 2012 Limited. Everything is great except the gps is not supported by Garmin. I had a plug in TomTom for the old car but think it is silly to have a built in obsolete gps and then use a plug in. Can anyone tell me how to either update the european sat nav or replace the head unit with a new non Chrysler unit which just swaps in.

#2 ·
Who does support the GPS? Was the vehicle built for European use?

#3 ·
The vehicle was built for Europe, specifically the UK but came supplied with Garmin GPS covering all Europe. It is OK but out of date and according to the Garmin website it is no longer supported. Any roads changed or new addresses since 2012 do not appear. I am told by car electronic geeks that Chrysler did its own thing regarding wiring looms and also that the reversing camera is pretty unique to Chrysler. I have searched the internet for double din head units which will fit but so far all the ones I have found are not compatible with Chrysler wiring or plugs. I would like ideally to just update the maps in the existing unit, otherwise if anyone knows of a replacement unit which fits without too much effort, I would do that. If not I will keep my TomTom updated and to hand in case the Garmin doesn't recognise where I want to go. That just seems a sub optimum solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.