The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got all the ducks lined up to start my latest undertaking. I think it's going to be between this weekend and next im going to take on the VES challenge.

The biggest thing ( I think ) is going to be taking the headliner down without getting it dirty or creasing or bending it . I'm not worried about the wiring aspect because I had the opportunity to Remove it from it from the donor vehicles

It's my own vehicle so I'm going to take my good ole time I have another vehicle to drive. Thanks to a couple members and posts from this forum I have the encouragement to take this on .

And with their help I was able to accomplish the installation of my turn signal heated auto dimming mirrors . VTA alarm and a few more factory options. The next undertaking will be the EVIC.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome ! your in a good spot if you don’t have to rush it. And you’ve got the added bonus of been able to remove it from the donor vehicle so you’ll get a chance to catch the traps before you pull your good vehicle apart.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Be sure to take lots of photos of the installation and process, and post them to the thread so that others who are interested can see what the process is and if it's worth for them to start the addition themselves!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now I'm taking time to familiarize my self of all the connections studying all the harnesses making sure that I know for certain what goes where . They more I look at it the easier it's starting to look . Just trying to decide where to start first . When I decide that I guess I'll get started.

I'm setting up a bag and tag system that way I know where every screw and fastener goes back. There is going to be a thousand screws of all sorts and sizes . I found that out when I removed everything from the donor vehicles.
I for one want everything going back on mine the right way . I will try to get as many pics as I can as I make progress.

Maybe help someone else that might want to make this move. I'm doing this for the fun of it for the most part . I'm not a rich person by any means but I could easily just go out and buy another TC with it already in . But that wouldn't be fun . I like doing stuff like this. While I have the dash all torn apart I'm going to replace the cluster in attempts to install EVIC and I also need to change out my shifter. TWO DAYS TOPS. lol

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Right now I'm taking time to familiarize my self of all the connections studying all the harnesses making sure that I know for certain what goes where . They more I look at it the easier it's starting to look . Just trying to decide where to start first . When I decide that I guess I'll get started.

I'm setting up a bag and tag system that way I know where every screw and fastener goes back. There is going to be a thousand screws of all sorts and sizes . I found that out when I removed everything from the donor vehicles.
I for one want everything going back on mine the right way . I will try to get as many pics as I can as I make progress.

Maybe help someone else that might want to make this move. I'm doing this for the fun of it for the most part . I'm not a rich person by any means but I could easily just go out and buy another TC with it already in . But that wouldn't be fun . I like doing stuff like this. While I have the dash all torn apart I'm going to replace the cluster in attempts to install EVIC and I also need to change out my shifter. TWO DAYS TOPS. lol
Well actually, the dash (I took mine apart) doesn't have that many different screws and or bolts. It has: the standard black Phillips screws holding a lot of items, then there are the same back screws but torx 20's holding the driver side foot well panel above the pedals and the shift lever top, you have plastic Phillips screws that screw into a plastic clip to hold the bottom of the dash piece the place where the inverter switch is, then you're only left with 10mm bolts which hold the dash to the frame, and 13mm bolts which hold the shift lever, and parts where the plastic dash meets the frame.

Then there are the miscellaneous ones, like the 4 or 3mm bolts which holds the climate controls to the center bezel, but those are not really ever removed.

I mean, it could be worse. They could have added different types of torx screws to make things a bit harder, and heck, throw in all the bolt sizes from 8mm to 22mm, just to make things a touch harder ontop!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm already past that I have the tower apart with just a couple screws to hold it on temporarily. The bottom where the inverter switch is is off .I took it off days ago to look at the back of my radio to see what kind of video outputs it has. So I'd be sure to have everything . I didn't want to have this thing ready to go back together and have to order something.

I seen what was involved when I dismantled the donor vehicles. I'm just dotting eyes and crossing tees (Lol) because I want everything to go back on my car like 👍 factory . I've seen some real hack jobs with people going in dashes .Believe me I've seen some disgraces . Well my mission this evening is to clean everything out of my van so I can stoe the seats for room . Oh by the way I kept all the screws, bolts that came from everything I've taken apart from the donors. Just in case

1 - 6 of 6 Posts